R&r Leave Comin' Up!

ArmyofOne

Starting the 15th of January, I will leave Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan, bound for the good ol' US of A. My leave starts on the 20th of January, and runs through the 5th of February. My travels will take me from Camp Leatherneck to Kandahar Airfield, where I will sit for 2-3 days, then to Ali-Al-Saleem Air Base in Kuwait City, Kuwait where I will sit for 2-3 days. Then a layover in Dubai, U.A.E., another in Hahn, Germany, then yet another one at the USO Hub in Atlanta GA. Then from there to Seattle.

My leave plans are throwing on my new mods, doing christmas with the wife, and driving to Northern California to see the Seirra Nevada's, Lake Tahoe, the Lava Beds, the Redwood Forest and whatever else tickles our fancy down that way. The plan is to take I-5 south to US-30, and US-30 west to US-101. Then we are going to take that down to Crescent City. On the way back we will take I-5 north stopping in Portland for some family stuff, then back to Seattle. All-in-all, I expect it to set us back about $500. $250 for gas and $250 for hotel/B&B stays. Not bad for a mini-vacation/getaway (which offhand, is something we desperately need.)

Here is the kicker. I promised the wife, absolutely NO LOC, RamForumZ, or FaceBook from the computer...oh well, still got the phone... :ph34r: . So for those 3-4 weeks, I will be off the boards, but expect lots of pix when I return.

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting at Kandahar Air Field, at the USO. Free net FTW!

Diggin' the site changes around here too ya'll. :D

Glad to hear you are back! Site changes look great don't they...

Sitting at Kandahar Air Field, at the USO. Free net FTW!

Diggin' the site changes around here too ya'll. :D

Glad to hear you are back! Site changes look great don't they...

Absolutely. And I am not back...yet. Still sitting in Kuwait. 0200hrs is wheels up.

Josh, You and The wifey certainly deserve time off, Have fun , Looking forward to the pic's.

You will get them ASAP :)

Only the military could put together a flight plan like yours!!!. Your wife could have driven over and back in "Big Blue" by now and you'd be home!. LOL By the way, I'm working on a beach in my backyard. Could you bring me a jar of Kuwait sand?? :)

Be Safe,

Paul