Rust On The Brakes Of A Gs300

I just purchased a 2000 GS300 and I noticed that there's a coat of rust on the brakes of all four wheels. The rust is not on the discs themselves but on the metal structure that mounts the disc brakes to the wheel. What is the best way to remove this rust and to prevent it from building up again ? Can anyone recommend a shop in Orange County in Southern California that will do this job ? Does anyone know how much it would cost to fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

You could sand down the area well to remove the rust and smooth it out, and paint it with high temp paint. Its fairly inexpensive material-wise, but if you opt to have someone else do the work for you, labor might be more than the materials.

Perhaps a member in the California area you're from will recommend someone. Good luck.

I purchased cross-drilled and slotted rotors for my GS from a company named irotors. You can take a look at them at irotors.com. They gave me a very good price for all 4 rotors and pads. The pads they carry are rotora axxis brand, which in my opinion are one of the best on the market.

Another option would be to check ebay. You can get even better deals there, although be sure to buy from someone with positive feedback, and a good history. That way, you can be sure that you'll recieve what you pay for, and in the condition advertised. Look for a seller that stands behind their item with a warranty.

Good luck.

I know an awesone shop in the Monrovia area of so cal(right off of Myrtle on the 210)...near Pasadena if youre not familiar with the area. Send me an e mail and I will give you the number.

This guy wont rip you off and works on only Lexus. He was a master tech for Lexus and decided to open a shop of his own. I drive from Vegas to have this guy work on my GS. He's good. I wont let anyone else touch my GS.

Let me know if you need the info.