Dashboard Noise

I have a 2007 GS 350. The dashboard squeeks/rattles. I have seen on various searches that this is a known issue. Has anyone had this repaired by Lexus at no cost because it is a known issue or do you have to pay for the repair kit yourself?

I have a 2007 GS 350. The dashboard squeeks/rattles. I have seen on various searches that this is a known issue. Has anyone had this repaired by Lexus at no cost because it is a known issue or do you have to pay for the repair kit yourself?

Hi Briar and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

I did a search of the forum and found some references to your situation. These go back a couple of years. It appears that there was a TSB issued for the same problem at one point, but I don't know how long those are in force. Obviously, the best step to take is to go to your Lexus dealer with the TSB number which is on the thread towards the end of the posting, and tell them what you found.

Please get back to us with your results so we can let the other members know.

Thanks,

Paul

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46647&st=30

• 1 month later...

There is a very simple solution to the squeaks and rattles. Go to your local craft store...hobby lobby, michaels...ect. Buy some felt, colored to match your interior of course. Fold it up long ways, and stuff it down in between you dash and windows, from dash speaker, to dash speaker. Stuff it down until you cant see it. Use a scewdriver, with the tip taped up so you dont scratch anything. This will solve all the rattles.

I had the same issues with mine, and this took all the rattles out. Completly silent now. Mine took 5 sheets of the felt and it costed me $1.95 for the felt......lot less than having the dealer do the exact same.

Even if you are still under warranty, this took me less than 5 minutes and less than the amount of gas to take it to the dealer....

Hope this helps.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is a very simple solution to the squeaks and rattles. Go to your local craft store...hobby lobby, michaels...ect. Buy some felt, colored to match your interior of course. Fold it up long ways, and stuff it down in between you dash and windows, from dash speaker, to dash speaker. Stuff it down until you cant see it. Use a scewdriver, with the tip taped up so you dont scratch anything. This will solve all the rattles.

I had the same issues with mine, and this took all the rattles out. Completly silent now. Mine took 5 sheets of the felt and it costed me $1.95 for the felt......lot less than having the dealer do the exact same.

Even if you are still under warranty, this took me less than 5 minutes and less than the amount of gas to take it to the dealer....

Hope this helps.....

Thank you, this is helpful to me.

• 4 weeks later...