Lexus Parts

gamagin

Hi, I'm a newbie on this site and am wondering if there is a consensus favorite website for Lexus parts, service and reliability ?

I am currently in need of a rider side taillight assembly for my 2003 430 LS.

I also own a '97 450 and a '92 LS 400, so a really good source would be great. I have mostly relied on my mechanic to find stuff, and he's a good guy, but I notice he just goes to the dealership and I get that price plus his markup -- all fair, but I believe two middlemen may be too much. IF there is an alternative.

Several hours of fishing have so far produced several rabbit holes and EBay, where they want to sell me both sides for $350 or so. I only need one side and I only need the outside portion of that side ("someone" tapped me & broke the plexiglass). Any recommended sites or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

gamagin

Unless you are in a hurry, check Ebay. I bought one there once for a song but it took a couple of months before I found the right one.

Happy new year and happy shopping... :cheers:

Hi, I'm a newbie on this site and am wondering if there is a consensus favorite website for Lexus parts, service and reliability ?

I also own a '97 450 and a '92 LS 400, so a really good source would be great. I have mostly relied on my mechanic to find stuff, and he's a good guy, but I notice he just goes to the dealership and I get that price plus his markup -- all fair, but I believe two middlemen may be too much. IF there is an alternative.

Several hours of fishing have so far produced several rabbit holes and EBay, where they want to sell me both sides for $350 or so. I only need one side and I only need the outside portion of that side ("someone" tapped me & broke the plexiglass). Any recommended sites or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

gamagin

Hi Jerry and Welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

It sounds like you haven't had much luck on ebay, and even though you can find good buys there, a more reliable source, and at and at a good price, is avaiable to LOC members. Sewell Lexus in Dallas TX, offers a hefty discount to LOC members for parts and accessories. Go online to "Sewellparts.com" and register as an LOC member. From there, just follow their system and see what you think.

Looks like you've got a pretty good stable of LS's started. Keep loging on and posting.

Paul

Unless you are in a hurry, check Ebay. I bought one there once for a song but it took a couple of months before I found the right one.

Happy new year and happy shopping... :cheers:

Thanks, flaco. I'll give it a try.

right now it seems parts shops don't seem to stock them. Or I just can't seem to ask for the right part. I searched a bunch of them and asked for info on 2003 LS 430 tail light assembly (and all kinds of variations). Not one, yet, has come back with a part # or has indicated they understand I want the whole damned piece, NOT a bulb, wiring, or any number of other parts from the rear of the rig. I'm beginning to think Toyota keeps this stuff for itself somehow. Some way.

best regards,

Jerry

Car-Part.com Has a listing of almost every part in every junk yard in usa.

Lexus-sewell for new parts is my favorite, they give special discounts to those who use this website, their catalog is easy to browse, and they ship fast. I have yet to find anyone who can beat their prices.

Thanks and best regards,

gamagin

Thanks, Paul.

It could well be me, but I searched all over sewell's sight for 003 LS 430 taillight assembly and could't find. so I left them an email at sewell parts. we'll see.

thanks for taking the time to respond.

bedst regards,

Jerrey

It sounds like you haven't had much luck on ebay, and even though you can find good buys there, a more reliable source, and at and at a good price, is avaiable to LOC members. Sewell Lexus in Dallas TX, offers a hefty discount to LOC members for parts and accessories. Go online to "Sewellparts.com" and register as an LOC member. From there, just follow their system and see what you think.

Looks like you've got a pretty good stable of LS's started. Keep loging on and posting.

Paul

I've read all of your post Jerry and a couple of things come to mind.

The people who know parts and part numbers for exterior/body parts like your looking for are Lexus dealers Collision Centers, (body shops). My local dealer does a tremendous amount of Lexus collision repair and that would include rear-end collisons. (taillight assemblies maybe?)If they can't give you a definitive answer on wether or not the part is available and in what components than I don't know who would.

Our members have had good luck with Sewell and I hope they can come through for you.

Paul

your problem is lack of knowledge.. Sewell sells parts to make up assemblies.

If you just needed a bulb, you would not want to buy the whole assembly. or just the lense??

SO, a salvage yard or ebay or even craigslist in some areas are helpful.

Sewell sells it like the below example:

post-5365-0-59654000-1325596317_thumb.jp

If you just needed a bulb, you would not want to buy the whole assembly. or just the lense??

I guess you told me!!

Thank you Billy for the information.

I guess you told me!!

Thanks and best regards,

gamagin

Thanks, Paul.

It could well be me, but I searched all over sewell's sight for 003 LS 430 taillight assembly and could't find. so I left them an email at sewell parts. we'll see.

thanks for taking the time to respond.

bedst regards,

Jerrey

Paul

Hi Paul & everyone:

I ordered a new 430 LS right side only tail light assembly from sewell today.

Paul, I took your advice and put down my LOC membership when signing up w/Sewell. That one tip saved me $50 off on this purchase.

GREAT, knowledgeable, tip. Thanks !

Thank you all for sharing your time, valuable advice and input.

all the best,

Jerry

I've had good luck with Lexus of Roseville in California. Their discount internet operation is at lexuspartsworld dot com. Bought an OEM radiator from them ages ago, and supplied the mechanic with it to install, and he could not believe the price (it went up not long after though. so maybe they caught on they were selling it too cheap).

I recently did some comparison shopping on parts for possible starter replacement, and found that Roseville's OEM prices for rebuilt starter and gaskets beat out Sewell's, plus Roseville ships for free...at least for now they do. But I did not ask about LOC discount when talking to Sewell (didn't know about it), so that might close the price gap some.

I've had good luck with Lexus of Roseville in California. Their discount internet operation is at lexuspartsworld dot com. Bought an OEM radiator from them ages ago, and supplied the mechanic with it to install, and he could not believe the price (it went up not long after though. so maybe they caught on they were selling it too cheap).

I recently did some comparison shopping on parts for possible starter replacement, and found that Roseville's OEM prices for rebuilt starter and gaskets beat out Sewell's, plus Roseville ships for free...at least for now they do. But I did not ask about LOC discount when talking to Sewell (didn't know about it), so that might close the price gap some.

Thanks for your info, prix:

Fyi, I went to the sewell site twice looking for my part. Once before I signed up for an account, including the LOC information, and the first time, when I was just looking to see if they had the part. The price i got was $185 without the account and LOC connection. The price I got with the LOC and the account was $135. Plus $10 shipping both times. also, if you forget to log in @ sewell they don't know you and you get the higher price. If you log in, the computer recognizes you and adds the discount. If you don't see the additional discount, it's because you haven't logged in.

Jerry

Lexus-sewell for new parts is my favorite, they give special discounts to those who use this website, their catalog is easy to browse, and they ship fast. I have yet to find anyone who can beat their prices.

Yoto:

thanks. neat site and good to know about.

Jerry

I guess you told me!!

Paul, that info was for gamagin. to let him see that they listed the individual pieces, not just complete assemblies. he said his was only a cracked lens, unless I read it wrong. he said: "I only need the outside portion of that side ("someone" tapped me & broke the plexiglass). "

This info also shows up at : http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_199704_LEXUS_LS400_UCF20L-AEPGKA_8111.html

I've bookmarked this as well. Always good to have parts resources...

Yoto:

thanks. neat site and good to know about.

Jerry