Locking Differential Information Needed.

moparmiami

Hello guys, i recently purchased a 1997 Lexus LX450 she has a locking differential switch on the left of the steering wheel. I found out that it is a rare option for these SUV's and also that there are two different types of Locking differentials. I took a picture of mine which is posted below. Can you please inform me which one is this switch and is this really a very rare option? Thanks in advance :)

Here is the picture of it:

IMAG0357.jpg

• 3 months later...

Recently bought a '97 LX450 with the Diff Loc option, so I thought. Bought it out of state over the internet specifically for that option because I could not find a vehicle locally . Have the switch alright, but no actuators on the axles. Got nailed but good. Beware, it's a sought after option that makes the vehicle more desirable, but there are some unscrupulous folks out there.

Wiser but Weary in Texas,

Lew

• 11 months later...

Hi, I also just bought a 1997 lx450 and it has on the original window sticker as a 900.00 extra for a front and rear locking differentials.It looks like you have front and rear locking FR-RR or just rear locking in the RR setting .

• 5 months later...