Lx 470 Driving Lights

BarryK1994

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2003 LX 470 and realized there are 2 projector like lights to the inside of the fog lights. I can not find anything in the manual or descriptions online as options. I see them on many LX 470 driving around town. Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2003 LX 470 and realized there are 2 projector like lights to the inside of the fog lights. I can not find anything in the manual or descriptions online as options. I see them on many LX 470 driving around town. Please help.

Likely the near-infrared illuminators for night vision.

Likely the near-infrared illuminators for night vision.

Thats something new to me. Can you explain further.

Paul

• 1 month later...

The manual states the night vision is projected from the rear view mirror area, which I confirmed with covering the lens with my hand. These projector like lights are illustrated in manual, but do not state what these are. I will try and post photo for clarification.

The two projector style lamps on the inside of your fog lamps are near-infrared illuminators (lights). The near-infrared camera is on the front side of the rear view mirror. The camera projects onto your windshield directly in front of you. There are conditions where the illuminators are not on, these should be listed in your manual. You can see the projectors illumination by using a CCD style camera as CCD's are highly sensitive to infrared light. You can test your camera sensitivity by viewing the output of your TV remote control, you should be able to see the light flash when you push the buttons on your remote.

By the way, do not stare into the lamps, they are fairly powerful and can be harmful even though you cannot see the light.