2000 Rx300 Trailer

RDT5

If you have the trailer towing package, there is a wiring socket under the left plastic compartment in front of the taillight. You have to remove alot of stuff including the compartment door. It is not difficult but takes time if you have never done it. Sells for about $48.

Lexus sells a wiring harness, part no. 08942-48870-BB that plugs into the special socket, that includes the trailer socket and a mounting bracket that mounts to your hitch.

You would think that the harness would come with the towing package, but they include it with the hitch which was not available when I bought mine last November.

If you have the trailer towing package, there is a wiring socket under the left plastic compartment in front of the taillight. You have to remove alot of stuff including the compartment door. It is not difficult but takes time if you have never done it. Sells for about $48.

jim s

I took apart the cargo trays in the back last weekend. -- It was pretty easy removing those plastic bolt things. However, I found a white connector on the passenger side near the tail light.

Which left are you referring too? As you look at the vehicle from the front or behind?

I didn't have to remove the compartment door but I didn't get a good look at it either. I removed the middle cargo tray and reached up and felt for the connector.

Is the correct one? Or do i need to keep hunting?