Extreme Carpet Stains

I just got a new '95 LS400. The carpets are an absolute nightmare. It looks like the previous owner spilled a few Cokes on the carpets a few times. The problem is it looks like this happened several years ago, and now the carpet has turned brown and hard. I've tried several different cleaners with very little results. You guys have any secrets for 5-9 year old Coke stains?? Please help......

:cheers:

If you are talking the removable carpet mats then

best option: replace them. :lol:

ebay, www.lexus-parts.com, or www.mat.com

Two suggestions that I have heard but never tried:

1. Washing machine on hot. Hit the spots with concentrated simple green. Let it soak for a while. Rinse with a hose on highest pressure for that hose. Then once throught the Kenmore on hot. Warning, if the carpets are any bit starting to fray or tatter, the washing machine may be the end of them.

2. Household type carpet cleaner machine: Bissel or Rug Doctor. Treat it like a regular carpet.

If you are talking about the carpets under the mats:

Then look into one of those rentable household steamer cleaners with a the handheld hose. This way you can get into tight spots.

Bissel makes a handheld model for home use (about $40 or so) but you will be limited at the had to reach spots.

I have mine done by my detailer.....always come out clean as a wistle and smellin purty too.

steviej

i am sure i replied to this thread already

or did you double post?

either take it to a good detailer,the one i use removes all the seats to clean the carpets perfectly

or use more coke to break down the old stuff for it to come clean.

Yeah, I'm talking about the actual carpet not the floor mats! I wish the floormats had the 10y/o Coke stains; then, I'd just throw them away. I just rented one of those dam rug doctors for the ES a few weeks ago :angry: . I'll go rent it again; we went to Home Depot today, and we came back with 3 different cleaners. They lifted the stains a little; they're just very, very deep in the carpet. Since the stains started to come up, I think the rug doctor will do it! I'll give it a try next weekend.

Nope, new post here. I wish I could take it to a detailer, but I'm a broke teen :blushing: . I'm saving the money for a timing belt, water pump, etc. I'll try the rug doctor, and see where that gets me.

Thanks for the suggestions.

:cheers:

i am sure i replied to this thread already

or did you double post?

either take it to a good detailer,the one i use removes all the seats to clean the carpets perfectly

or use more coke to break down the old stuff for it to come clean.

I think the server must have dropped some posts, I'm missing some from a few other threads.