Operation....

AWJ

Wasn't planning to get this far so soon. Worked Friday night and Saturday. Pulled the emblems. Used all the wrong tools and broke one. I'll paint them black and put them back on interim. Troubleshooting the rear tire rubbing. I removed the small trim strip in the rear wheel well. Seems this is the culprit. Still need to mount the wheels and check. Otherwise, cutoff wheel time. Polished the mufflers as much as I could bear to hold a dremel to it. Not stellar but goog looking. Got the car up in the air and realized that not just the axle back section is Trust/Jasma, but the whole shabang from the turbine back is. Kinda neat. Dirty, but neat.

So then I go around to the front. Decide I want to pull a rh headlight. Realize the turbo piping is in the way. Get the wrech out and before I know it, I've taken the whole uppers system down. I was going to pull the pipes anyways. After polishing the mufflers though, I don't have the time or the patience to try and polish these. Then they will oxidize back after a while. So they get black paint too. Headlight is out though. One major setback is that I broke the oxygen sensor wire. That fcuker was burnt and brittled. Now I need to figure out how to splice that corroded !Removed! piece of shielded o^2 before I can drive the car again. Did get a hard number on the compressor side a/r now that it is apart. .5. Still have no idea as to hot side numbers. I'm guessing .5 to .6 maybe more because spoolup while hot is quite immediate. But full boost is fast. Anyways, how much shaft play makes a bad turbo. I don't even want to get into turbo condition. Compressor wheel looks good, cold housing looks ok, center cartrige shows corrosion, fittings are crapped - as soon as they come off they will disintegrate if they don't desintigrate und a wrech. Turbine housing seems just fine but everything is well corroded. Don't get me started on all the little oil weeps. I need the car back running by March 13 though do this will wait until we get back. Much more work than I thought and we'll just have to see - not really worried though.

Oh, I'll put the cf hood on and report fitment when this is buttoned up for this round. Wish the damn bumper would get here. But that is another story.

post-3-1078071098.jpg

sounds like one helluva job, i got oil leaking from two different gaskets. One of the is under the traction control, but i dont remember what the name of it was and damn its gonna be a pain in the !Removed! to fix. i just replaced my emblems also, but i broke almost all of mine trying to get them off. what did you use? i found out after spraying on some bug tar remover and then shoving a zip tie and slidding it around got a few of the emblems off in one whole piece without scratching the car. keep us updated, i would love to see that c/f hood work out well.

Got the emblems off with dental floss, a screw driver, and a pocketknife. Not the best method. I was able to buff the scratches out. I'm putting the emblems back on so the wordmark stain is covered anyways. The car will need a re paint.

The best way to get them off is with fishing line and a heat gun or hair dryer. But I wasn't worried about it at the time. I'll do the front that way.

I know the hood will work out just fine. I'll put pics up when it's on.

The problem is the busted o^2 wire. I'm a little worried about that. The other stuff can be fixed easy. The weather is excellent today. I'm out to get back at it. I'll hit the auto parts store tomorrow in search of a splice kit or something. Not sure what to with the wire at this point.

post-3-1078083426.jpg

Thanks for the confidence. Can I just but splice that wire? The wire I show that is busted was actually run fairly decently away from the hot stuff. I went to take the heat sheild off the turbine side and as I moved the o2 wire it just crumbled. I can't believe any of the wire is good enough to give an accurate signal. I might just splice it, put it all together and take it to a shop, but then time becomes an issue again. Might have to take the daily to Florida. Ah well. We'll get her fixed up. Here are the cans. I plan to have everything re installed by friday.

post-3-1078143211.jpg

It seems I can just splice it up. For now at least. Forgot to pick up some heat jacket though. I'll snip, clip, crimp and deal with it after the trip. Just keep the boost down in the mean time. <_<

Back to polishin' pipes. Need to make these look at least a little better.

post-3-1078179399.jpg

OOOOOO shiny :lol: i see a can of mothers in the lower corner of the last picture. almost gone? :lol: i like mothers Billet polish, but its hell expensive for the amount you get, but its alot better and smells better too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here she is all buttoned back up. The before and after is significant in my opinion even for the little amount of work I did. Looks good. Got the o2 wire spliced back up. I cleaned out the 4 liter maf and air element. Had to buy new strait connectors as the old ones fell apart in my hands. Painting the pipes took the most time as I had to polish them down first. To top it off, I'll have to paint them again. No matter. The turbo needs to come off anyways for some attention. Ran her yesterday and she pulls harder at 8 pounds now than before. I think cleaning the intake was a good thing. That and the car is not running as rich as it was. I thing the o2 wire was a definite problem spot I stumbled on. I was tearin up traffic and kickin' it out. I love this car.

So it's go time. The car is filthy. Forecast calls for snow to begin tonight. So I need to leave before it starts snowing. To top it off, the car is filthy. Needs a bath. It's 32 degrees outside. :blink: So I get to wash my car in the cold. It's probably a little warmer now. We'll get a high of 51. So I guess I better go wash and wax her. Well. We're out to florida. Anyone in Daytona Beach - feel free to holla.

post-3-1079361479.jpg

just to maybe clear up some things, Jasma isn't exactly an exhaust company, they are more like a compliancer for Toyota (and other manufacturers) making purely emmision compliant exhausts and approving any premade at the factory by throwing their badges onto it.