Platnium Warranty - Subwoofer And Air Suspension

gashed

Hi. I'm a newbie, just purchased a 04 LS 430 UL. The Lexus Dealer offered to sell me either the Gold or Platnium Warranty. I understand that the Air Suspension is very costly if it fails. In looking through the Warranty Brochures, I don't see this called out specifically as being covered. Also, it appears my Subwoofer is blown. Anyone know if the Sub is covered?

Thanks very much.

does is350 keys have to be programed by dealers

Please do not hijack a thread but start a new one in the IS section to ask a question on a different subject.

On the OP's question, what are "Gold" and "Platinum" warranties? I do not see any mention of them on lexus.com so my assumption is that they are service warranties from outside the Toyota/Lexus organization.

Having retired after over three decades from an insurance company that was/is one of the largest suppliers of automobile service warranties, I can tell you that it is a very profitable business. Service warranties are essentially insurance policies although they are often not regulated as such - they should be. I can't comment about your "Gold and Platnium Warranties" but, in general, service warranties are almost always heavily weighted towards the issuer and a poor deal for the consumer. Buy one if it will help you sleep at night.

• 1 year later...

If those items are not excluded, then they should be covered. I have a 125k Platinum and I cannot tell you all of the odd items they have covered e.g., new hinges on my trunk.....and hinges are supposedly excluded. Good luck.