Playing Mp3 Files

Joramy3

I have a brand new ES 350 (2012). When I connected my iPod to play using usb cable, the ipod says "ready to disconnect" and is inoperative. (The iPod otherwise works fine). How (exactly) does one play mp3 files in a Lexus 350? Is there a special mp3 player?

Thanks.

Have you tried the following which is shown in the ES350 owners manual?

iPod problems

To resolve most problems encountered when using your iPod, disconnect your iPod

from the vehicle iPod connection and reset it.

For instructions on how to reset your iPod, refer to your iPod Owner's Manual.

When your iPod is hooked up to the car, you cannot control it through the iPod. You have to control it through the audio system.

Have you gone to the appropriate mode in the audio system? (USB)? It should just automatically play, then you can select playlists, artists, etc within the system's menus.

Welcome to the LOC!

The Lexus software is actually designed for the Ipod. An mp3 player into the USB port works and plays, and will show song title and artist. But that is about it. When you shut the car off and start it back up, the mp3 will have turned off the audio system and you will have to power it back up. Why, I don't know. Nor does the dealer or Lexus support.

Do not buy a mp3 player for one of your children or someone else to use in your ES as it is really not cost/benefit effective.

Paul

• 3 months later...

I complained I had no shoes - until I met a man who had no feet... or at least a poor soul who had a 2007 with no usb hookup... ;> (but really! In my Rx, they have a CD AND a tape player - but no usb, even tho ipods were pretty common when they made the new model. Grrrrr)