Left Front Door Keyless

When I push the open/close button on my remote key, all doors respond except the driver side front door. When I put the key into the driver side door and lock or open from there - all doors respond except for the driver side rear. Any ideas what I should do to fix it?

When I push the open/close button on my remote key, all doors respond except the driver side front door. When I put the key into the driver side door and lock or open from there - all doors respond except for the driver side rear. Any ideas what I should do to fix it?

You need to include the Year of your GS....otherwise it's all just guess work. My guess; it could be an actuator in that door. It opens and closes the lock mechanism.

The car is 1998 GS400. I checked again and it appears that all doors except the driver side door respond to keyless lock/unlock as well as when I do it from inside the vehicle. Its just the driver side door that doesn't respond except by putting the key into the door. Looks like its the actuator. Thanks for your input.

The car is 1998 GS400. I checked again and it appears that all doors except the driver side door respond to keyless lock/unlock as well as when I do it from inside the vehicle. Its just the driver side door that doesn't respond except by putting the key into the door. Looks like its the actuator. Thanks for your input.

Let us know how you come out on getting the problem resolved!

Looks like you've been a member for a long time, good to hear from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely, it is the door lock actuator. The Lexus design makes you press the unlock key twice to unlock all doors (unless you are lucky enough to be able to reprogram yours for one press unlocks all doors). Therefore it cycles the driver's actuator twice every time you enter your car, in most cases (if you have passengers). The actuator motor wears out and there are 2 fixes. One is to replace the entire actuator assembly with a new unit...very expensive. The second, is if you are mechanically inclined or know someone that can do it for you, remove the actuator from the door, break it open at the glued seam and replace only the actuator motor. Then glue it back up and re install it. I did not discover this method, but did find a thread here on how to do it. I then went on ebay and bought 5 motors for less than $10.00 including shipping, and have since done this to both the driver's and passenger side motors. On a scale of difficulty from 1-10, I'd put it at about 8, not for the novice.