Pricing On A Sc400 Fuel Tank

Brievilla

I have a 95 Lexus SC400.. Im Really trying to figure out a price range on a new and/or used fuel Tank & im not sure where to start looking other than locally or even ebay. Ive found used tanks on Ebay for approximately $125-$200 but I cannot find any websites that sell new tanks.. I need help because I am new on this whole having my car fixed situation in which I really need my car Fixed ASAP & I want to be somewhat educated/informed before I go out and have a mechanic charge me an arm & a leg for a part that could otherwise be bought at a cheaper price. Anybody have any information on websites, experiences, knowledge & what have you they would be Greatly Appreciated! Thanks. :D

Hi Brievilla!

The dealer might ask an huge amount of money for that part, as it does with most of them parts so that might not be an option.

So finding a new one for a decent price would rely on aftermarket dealer.

I guess it might be possible to find but I'll let others answer this since I assume you live in the US and I'm not much aware of US car parts sellers.

Still, a used one (in good condition), since you found some, can be a great deal.

Also I'm curious to know why you're changing the fuel tank on you SC...

I always thought I would never have to change this part since it's in the trunk so it's not affected by rusting and can hardly be externally damaged...

Good luck

Just for your knowledge if you go to the dealer known as stealer then you are in trouble.

Now what you will do is first look up local auto salvages or junk yards in your area call them and find if they have any,and if they don't then see eBay and make sure you ask all the question you have before buying.

Last make the eBay seller rating is at least 98%.good luck.

• 2 months later...