Tire Pressure Sensor Threshold

rob_es350

Its purely a differential theshold, I think its 5PSI.

There's a button under the dash where you can reset it to where the base pressure is whatever you have the tires aired to.

thanks!!..I am going to assume you are right, but here is the funny thing

called lexus service this am to ask, and they said factory setting for downside threshold was 27, or 28, LOLOL

I mean can they be that stupid...either you are correct, my assumption, which would be a nice way for it to work, or they are right and you are all wet on this one, lol

I asked if it the threshold could be reset a bit higher, and they said no problem, just let us know when you bring it in next time, wtf!!

I will call another lexus dealer's service dept and ask someone else and challenge them if I get the same answer

do you know were that info you provided is documented, thanks again steve

There's a button under the dash where you can reset it to where the base pressure is whatever you have the tires aired to.

called lexus service this am to ask, and they said factory setting for downside threshold was 27, or 28, LOLOL

I mean can they be that stupid...either you are correct, my assumption, which would be a nice way for it to work, or they are right and you are all wet on this one, lol

I asked if it the threshold could be reset a bit higher, and they said no problem, just let us know when you bring it in next time, wtf!!

I will call another lexus dealer's service dept and ask someone else and challenge them if I get the same answer

called another lexus service..they said it was a threshold, agreeing with the other service place, but was confident that the low threshold was set to 29, not 27 or 28 as the original place said

both service centers said that threshold could be reset but it had to be done programmatically, and neither referenced a button under the dash

no clue wtf is up now

called another lexus service..they said it was a threshold, agreeing with the other service place, but was confident that the low threshold was set to 29, not 27 or 28 as the original place said

both service centers said that threshold could be reset but it had to be done programmatically, and neither referenced a button under the dash

no clue wtf is up now

My tire pressure light came on one morning last week. Took it to a service station close by. All tires were 30 psi except for right passenger side tire which was 25 psi (picked up a nail). That would indicate that steve is probably right.

no clue wtf is up now

My tire pressure light came on one morning last week. Took it to a service station close by. All tires were 30 psi except for right passenger side tire which was 25 psi (picked up a nail). That would indicate that steve is probably right.

either could be right k.c....if there is a factory threshold, and the 25 was below it, the light would go on in that case too

no clue wtf is up now

either could be right k.c....if there is a factory threshold, and the 25 was below it, the light would go on in that case too

No, the light was not on when I started out, but came on after about 5-10 minutes. That means it did not come on until the right rear tire hit 25 psi, or at least that's my observation, but I could be wrong. The other tires read exactly 30 psi, so they did not have time to expand.

no clue wtf is up now

No, the light was not on when I started out, but came on after about 5-10 minutes. That means it did not come on until the right rear tire hit 25 psi, or at least that's my observation, but I could be wrong. The other tires read exactly 30 psi, so they did not have time to expand.

oops,my apologies k.c.

there dealers told me that the low threshold was either 27, or 28, so if no light til 25, that is some evidence that steve is correct

must be a way to find the definitive answer somewhere..shouldn't have to speculate...guess it would make sense for us to look for the button steve is referring to

no clue wtf is up now

oops,my apologies k.c.

there dealers told me that the low threshold was either 27, or 28, so if no light til 25, that is some evidence that steve is correct

must be a way to find the definitive answer somewhere..shouldn't have to speculate...guess it would make sense for us to look for the button steve is referring to

Yeah, I would like to set mine to 28 or 27, 25 is too low. I need to find where the button is.

Rob I can't tell what year your ES is, but on my 2010 the button is under the dash, to the right of the steering column, next to the Trac Stabilty button.

Also, just to give you something to do today, find a dictionary with the word "programmatically" in it and tell me what it means. LOL...

Paul

Rob I can't tell what year your ES is, but on my 2010 the button is under the dash, to the right of the steering column, next to the Trac Stabilty button.

Also, just to give you something to do today, find a dictionary with the word "programmatically" in it and tell me what it means. LOL...

Paul

thanks paul!!

I will take a look for the button there

============================

LOL!!! here ya go

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/programmatic

programmatically is adverb of programmatic

Paul

thanks paul!!

I will take a look for the button there

============================

LOL!!! here ya go

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/programmatic

programmatically is adverb of programmatic

It really IS a word. Thanks! LOL!!

Yeah the dealers are wrong, if what they are saying is correct why is that reset button there? 29 makes no sense, because thats what the manufacturer suggested pressure is!

Good ol' dealers.

yeah, no doubt

frustrating that they do know, what I consider, a very basic feature of the car

steve, can you point us to the documentation for the pressure indicator system/reset, etc?

thanks

Yeah the dealers are wrong, if what they are saying is correct why is that reset button there? 29 makes no sense, because thats what the manufacturer suggested pressure is!

Good ol' dealers.

yeah, no doubt

frustrating that they do know, what I consider, a very basic feature of the car

steve, can you point us to the documentation for the pressure indicator system/reset, etc?

thanks

ok, found it

section 4-3 do it yourself maintenance page 396

Steve is correct. Once you adjust your tire pressure, reset the monitor and once pressure drops in one or more tires (to a set limit) the warning light will illuminate. It is a very good system, as I picked up a nail and the light came on. Just looking at all 4 tires, I couldn't tell which one was low, but a gauge told me and then I saw the nail. And I think the system also monitors the spare tire, so be aware of that.

Pete

anybody know the default tire pressure sensor threshold, and if it is able to be modified?

thanks

Default threshold is dependant upon where the sensors are initialized. See if this clears things up(or confuses you even more).

Excellent help. Thank you!

anybody know the default tire pressure sensor threshold, and if it is able to be modified?

thanks

Default threshold is dependant upon where the sensors are initialized. See if this clears things up(or confuses you even more).

Excellent help. Thank you!

one important item that is not documented is at what delta from the "reset pressure" will the indicator light go on..5 psi, some %?

it does not say anywhere

found a guy at a dealer who seemed to be an expert, and he says 25% in either direction

so if "reset point" at 30psi where manufacuturer recommneds having pressure, the light would not go on until 22.5 psi

hmm.seems we have fooks here who have seen the light at higher pressures

well, if this guy is correct..the reset point is higher than 30psi by default

guy definintely seemed to know what he was talking about though

25% seems like a lot to me...

Thanks for that link Death...

seems like a lot to me also...called one more dealer and insisted on talking to one of the guys who ACTUALLY does the work

he said the trigger is plus or minus 7psi, not a percentage, lol, so who knows for sure

LOL! Boy...do we have enough different answers to this question?

The obvious solution is for one of us to fly to the factory in Japan, all expenses paid by Steve, Steve W, and the LOC, and get the definitive answers from the design engineers. Since you're all busy I'll volunteer.

I'll let you know what I find out.....LOL

LOL! Boy...do we have enough different answers to this question?

The obvious solution is for one of us to fly to the factory in Japan, all expenses paid by Steve, Steve W, and the LOC, and get the definitive answers from the design engineers. Since your all busy I'll volunteer.

I'll let you know what I find out.....LOL

thanks..watch out for the radiation!!