Removing 2006 Gs300 Headlights

• 2 weeks later...

What do I need to do if I only want to replace the headlight bulb on the drivers side? I've only had my '06 for 3 weeks and I don't even know how to get the plastic covers off the engine bay :blushing: But I'm used to doing this kind of work myself....

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

What do I need to do if I only want to replace the headlight bulb on the drivers side? I've only had my '06 for 3 weeks and I don't even know how to get the plastic covers off the engine bay :blushing: But I'm used to doing this kind of work myself....

Thanks!!

well for the covers, get a flat head driver and pry out the plastic pieces that hold them in. ( they may break because theyre soo fragile but theyre only 4 buck for a set of 10 at any auto store)..now for the fun part

1) look down and to the right of your driver's side and youll see a piece of plastic shaped like a circle in the side of engine bay were your headlight body should be.

2) twist this plastic cap off

3) now you got this silver coil like connector which is used to transfer power from the ballist to the bulb...twist this off slightly counter clockwise and pull it off

4)last thing, 2 wire like clamps hold the bulb in place... you have to push them IN then pull OUTWARD for BOTH of them and they will drop out

5) now slowly twist the bulb counter clockwise slowly and pull it out

YOUR DONE! now just reverse everything to put in your new bulb :D

• 2 years later...