Fair Price For An '04 Rx330

Bopper

I'm in the market for an RX330, and I just can across one being sold by a private party -- 35K miles, with nav and DVD, asking 24K. I checked values, and there's a HUGE discrepancy between KBB and Edmunds. KBB private party value is just over 24K (right on target, probably what seller based the asking price on). But Edmunds TMV is only a little over 17K! I've gone over it several times, didn't enter anything wrong. NADA has clean dealer retail at around 24K, doesn't give a price for private party.

So why the huge difference? And, more importantly, does anybody have any insight into what the private party value of a low mileage '04 RX should be?

Sold my 04 a year ago for about 15k it had every option you could get Nav, RSES, etc. I sold it under private party because it was a family member that bought it. I had around 80k on it. With only 35k on it I may pay a little more but certainly not 24k...

On a side note...I loved that 04 rx330...great Lexus...and it has well over 130k on it now and is still trouble free.

Good luck with it.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the market for an RX330, and I just can across one being sold by a private party -- 35K miles, with nav and DVD, asking 24K. I checked values, and there's a HUGE discrepancy between KBB and Edmunds. KBB private party value is just over 24K (right on target, probably what seller based the asking price on). But Edmunds TMV is only a little over 17K! I've gone over it several times, didn't enter anything wrong. NADA has clean dealer retail at around 24K, doesn't give a price for private party.

So why the huge difference? And, more importantly, does anybody have any insight into what the private party value of a low mileage '04 RX should be?

In your area I would NOT risk my life with ANY FWD vehicle. And with one exception, the SH-AWD system, not even a base FWD that makes claim of "AWD" capability. Look to the 4runner or even a Lexus LX or GX for the level of roadbed traction, driving dynamics, required in your area during the winter period.