Front Passenger Side Dead

SACLS430

2004 LS430: 99K miles, took to dealership last Saturday to troubleshoot driver’s side door lock. Diagnosis...new lock assembly needed...no worries, wear and tear…good money spent. On Sunday, I start car to get some groceries and the passenger side mirror wouldn't unfold. When I attempted to unlock from the driver’s side controls, no response. Same result when trying to roll down window. The entire front passenger side is dead when only the day before at the dealership I was given a clean bill of health. Took it back to the dealership today and after 5 hours of troubleshooting, they're going to keep it and remove door panel on Friday for a closer look. Battery is good and no other problems to report with the vehicle. When you open the passenger side door, the interior lights won't even come on. When you open the rear passenger door, dome lights come on. I'm at a total loss...checked fuses and everything checks out. Car is garage kept. Until the driver’s side door actuator went bad, I had no problems with the car in the previous 30K miles. I would appreciate any advice anyone could share before I get taken for too much $$ at the dealer. Thanks/Steve

They had the car for five hours and didn't even get as far as removing the door panel!

I think in five hours I could have acheived a lot more and I am not a Lexus qualified mechanic.

First check would have been fuses/circuit breakers then remove door panel and check for 12 volts.

I wouldn't be looking forward to your labor costs.

Just had a look and it would appear the front doors each have their own ECU and fuse (passenger door is fuse 14).

2004 LS430: 99K miles, took to dealership last Saturday to troubleshoot driver’s side door lock. Diagnosis...new lock assembly needed...no worries, wear and tear…good money spent. On Sunday, I start car to get some groceries and the passenger side mirror wouldn't unfold. When I attempted to unlock from the driver’s side controls, no response. Same result when trying to roll down window. The entire front passenger side is dead when only the day before at the dealership I was given a clean bill of health. Took it back to the dealership today and after 5 hours of troubleshooting, they're going to keep it and remove door panel on Friday for a closer look. Battery is good and no other problems to report with the vehicle. When you open the passenger side door, the interior lights won't even come on. When you open the rear passenger door, dome lights come on. I'm at a total loss...checked fuses and everything checks out. Car is garage kept. Until the driver’s side door actuator went bad, I had no problems with the car in the previous 30K miles. I would appreciate any advice anyone could share before I get taken for too much $$ at the dealer. Thanks/Steve

You're kidding, right?! Tell those morons to plug your door switch and/or door ECU back in! Hint: You need to remove the DOOR PANEL to get to it! If they charge you a dime, go to the manager and blow your stack. There's nothing wrong with your car that the kid working on it didn't create- Guarranteed

Hey Steve

I've got the same problem with my '03 passenger door lock. I plan to DIY but would like to have (buy) your old lock assembly if the dealer gave it back to you. Did they say what went wrong with the lock assembly?