How To Change Spark Plugs?

tomb57

I have a 2000 RX300 with 120,000 miles on it. It has the original sparks plugs in it, and I'd like to put new ones in. What is the best way to do this, especially the ones in the back. Is there a trick to getting back there by taking something apart. Any help (tips) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Getting to the front three spark plugs is cake. Takes no more than five minutes to change them once you remove the dust cover. Getting to the rear three spark plugs, however, requires hands the size of an 8-year-old girl and the finger dexterity of an OB/GYN. You'll need several different socket extension sizes, especially to get that middle rear plug out. If I recall, a 4-inch extension and a universal swivel were necessities. I did this job in October 2006, it took me more than an hour on the three rear plugs, I had to go find my small-handed neighbor to finish the job on the middle rear plug, and I swore I would never do it again. Which was true because I sold the vehicle in January 2007....

Good luck with your efforts. Be sure to do plenty of finger contortionist exercises before you go after those rear plugs....

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping there was a part or two that I could take off that would make it easier. I may just skip putting in new plugs. It still runs fine and it "only" has 118,000 miles. Our mileage is down by about 2 mpg, but that could be the colder weather. So we'll see.