Engine Mounts

sule

Hi,guys i just replaced my engine and transmission mounts and now the shift knob is wobbling whenever i step my foot on brakes and i can see it shaking and moving so i am not sure what is it.

so i will appreciate any help that i can get thanks.

Rear rotors. With more solid mounts, the vibration may be more felt. If its only when you apply the brakes, makes sense its in the braking system...ROTORS. If you feel it in your butt, its the rears, if you see it in the steering wheel, its the fronts. Take em to a shop, have em micrometer them, check for federal specs, and either replace or have them resurfaced. Good time to replace pads as well. Just think about it when you drive..... if its a transmission or engine problem, wouldnt it change if you accelerated or changed gears, while the brakes WEREN'T applied? Hope this helps...

Rear rotors. With more solid mounts, the vibration may be more felt. If its only when you apply the brakes, makes sense its in the braking system...ROTORS. If you feel it in your butt, its the rears, if you see it in the steering wheel, its the fronts. Take em to a shop, have em micrometer them, check for federal specs, and either replace or have them resurfaced. Good time to replace pads as well. Just think about it when you drive..... if its a transmission or engine problem, wouldnt it change if you accelerated or changed gears, while the brakes WEREN'T applied? Hope this helps...

Thanks alot you are right because i can also feel a vibration when i brake at high speed and i know it is not something else because in past the steering wheel will shake thats when the mounts and shocks was bad but now is only coming from the front wheels so i assume it is the rotors i don't thing they were been replaced i will just go ahead and replace the entire thing rotors and pads and will let you know.Thanks