06 Rx400H Cd Player Not Working

I went to use the CD player today and nothing happened when I pushed the Disc button. I have 1 CD in the player, which shows on the screen. So I pushed the eject button, nothing. Then tried the load button, nothing. Turned car on and off, zip.. Whipped out the manual and couldn't find anything that would help.

It's acting as if it's not recognizing any of the commands. Is the a fuse I should look for?

Or is there something I did when wiped down the dash?

Not that I use it alot, but would like to get the CD out.

Thanks,

Pat

I went to use the CD player today and nothing happened when I pushed the Disc button. I have 1 CD in the player, which shows on the screen. So I pushed the eject button, nothing. Then tried the load button, nothing. Turned car on and off, zip.. Whipped out the manual and couldn't find anything that would help.

It's acting as if it's not recognizing any of the commands. Is the a fuse I should look for?

Or is there something I did when wiped down the dash?

Not that I use it alot, but would like to get the CD out.

Thanks,

Pat

Hi Pat,

I don't think it's a fuse otherwise the radio wouldn't work either. It's been my experience that sometimes the CD players just jam due to a malfunction of the mechanism in the CD works. Your dealer probably wouldn't be of much help and would just want to replace the whole unit. I would suggest going to a reputable car audio store/installer and see if they can simply "un-jam" it. It may work perfectly fine after that. If not, then your looking at repair or replacing. Shop around for the replacement part if it's needed. Here is a good place for a replacement CD player:

sewelllexus.com Dallas, TX.....Tell them your a member of the Lexus Owners Club for a substantial discount. Also, you can contact "dcfish" on this board for audio components. He is a LOC member and a official vendor for club members. You can also try e-bay.

Paul

This is one of the very few problems with RX Lexus models (and maybe others as well). Ours displays an error message whenever we switch to the CD player. Really, this should never happen within 5 years of ownership (when it started for us) and I feel that Lexus should replace the unit with an upgraded one at a sunstantial discount to the owner.

I am glad I don't have an Acura NAV system, though. My sister-in-law's unit failed and now she can't use the heating and air conditioning.

I don't have an error message, that's the strange element to all this.The CD player looks like it's ready to go, just no juice.

Good thing I can't find my hammer :lol:

While running around on my errands today I was looking for an audio place to stop and see if they could check this out, but didn't see anything. Guess I'll check the phone book tomorrow. I'm so OCD just knowing that I can't push the DISC button :censored: and have the ## thing work.

I know, be grateful for having a car.. and the $$ for the gas.

This is a small thing.

Happy Friday

• 9 months later...

UPDATE:

My CD player now works.

It was nothing that I did, however I think it might have reset itself after a battery cable had been disconnected for about a week.

I parked my car at an off-site parking lot @ Newark airport last week and when I picked up the car last night, I noticed that the average MPG's had been reset to zero (1.1). Then on my way home I noticed that the clock was incorrect by an hour, reset the DST and the time corrected itself. Occassionally I hit the load button, hoping something will happen, and OMG, the door opened. Today I tried to eject the CD but it wouldn't come out so I then tried to load a CD and had trouble loading it, the third time was the charm, the stuck CD popped out. yipee. Player accepted the CD and now we have sound..

I"m thinking that maybe the lot I used may have pulled a battery cable, not sure why, maybe so no one leaves a light on in the car, or maybe safety reasons, whatever it may be. All I know is that it fixed itself.

As far as I concerned, I got my CD player fixed for $75.60

Anyone else have that happen at a parking lot?

PS: where is spell check?

How old is your 12V battery? Hopefully, it's not on its way out. I really doubt any parking lot would disconnect batteries.

Yesterday, I was driving on the highway when I suddenly noticed that a CD had been ejected by the CD player. The CD player hadn't been working for at least 6 months (displayed an ERROR message when the mode was changed to "CD"). I placed the CD in the glovebox and proceeded to play the remaining CDs that were in the player. So far, the player is working perfectly again. We'll see how long that lasts!

My battery is new, less than 2 years old. I'm going to call the parking lot today and ask, because yesterday I had to reset the seat belt buzzer to off again. Very strange??? Just so glad to have the CD player working again.