Help Wife Locked Keys In Trunk

I have a 2001 gs 300 my wife locked keys in trunk with grocerys. the valet key will start the car but wont open trunk w/o master key. lexus dealer closed. is there any way to get into trunk w/o spending a fortune at locksmith?

Is there a trunk button? Or will the rear seats lay down? Don't know much about the 01 GS sorry but have had many other toyota/lexus cars and most had a way to pop the trunk inside the car...

Is there a trunk button? Or will the rear seats lay down? Don't know much about the 01 GS sorry but have had many other toyota/lexus cars and most had a way to pop the trunk inside the car...

I'm with David in that I don't know much about a 2001. However, I seem to remember something about the older models having a lock out switch in the glove box that prevents others from being able to open the trunk, such as a valet. In fact, if I'm right, it was called a valet switch. Now I could be ALL WET here and totally off base.(old brain, bad memory).

But, as David said, I've never seen a Lexus without a inside trunk release button, either on the dash around the steering column, or on the floor next to the drivers seat.

If all else fails, I don't think it will cost that much for a locksmith to open your simple trunk latch. From what I've heard from others, $50-75.00. I guess thats all relative.

Fold the seat down, crawl through the inside. Better yet, get a kid to do it. There should be a release, but if there's not atleast you got your goroceries out. :cheers: