Dead Keyfob-2007 Es350

Mel M

don't think you would need to reprogram anything just because of battery replacement

lexus dealer will do it for free which is probably the move

no-brainer to do yourself, but then have to go get battery first, or have it shipped, so seems simpler/faster to just have delaer do it

don't think you would need to reprogram anything just because of battery replacement

lexus dealer will do it for free which is probably the move

no-brainer to do yourself, but then have to go get battery first, or have it shipped, so seems simpler/faster to just have delaer do it

Thanks for your response Rob.

Can the battery be replaced without reprogramming the key fob or do I need to take this to a dealer?

If it can be replaced, how do you open it and what size battery do I need?

Thanks!

No need to reprogram the fob after changing the battery. If you do it yourself (really easy) the battery is avialble at Radio Shack, Walgreens, Auto Zone etc. Easy to follow instructions are in the owners manual. As mentioned, the dealer is a good option too.

Hi Mel,

You do not need to reprogram the remote. It is very easy to change the battery yourself just slide the top off the fob you will see a notch, with a flat blade screwdriver twist open the fob and you will see the battery. Battery number is 1632. Good Luck!!!

Can the battery be replaced without reprogramming the key fob or do I need to take this to a dealer?

If it can be replaced, how do you open it and what size battery do I need?

Thanks!

This is driving me nuts; I remember seeing a step by step photo tutorial on the board of how to replace the battery in this model FOB. Think I can find it now?.....NOoooo! Sorry

It is very easy to follow the diagram and pictures in the owners manual on how to change out the battery. Take a stab at doing a search for that pictorial (probably on this forum). If nothing else it will give you a chance to get familiar with our search engine. A lot of useful information on there.

Paul