Battery Change With Icu Reset

Hi everyone

Recently my battery drained (The famous dark spot of RX400h, I wish Toyota thought about it at design stage) when I left it untouched on a vacation. On my return I got a new battery replaced through a professional service. The system came up fine and I see no differences other than the fuel consumption which has dropped from 11.8KM/L to 11.1KM/L. I did an ICU reset and ran the vehicle for some time but it has not improved. I am wondering whether this is because the reset was done at a much cooler temperature that the recommended although I got it heated up with lot of rough running. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Arjuna

Depending on your geographical location, I would suggest 1. Colder weather and 2. Winter gas. If you are in a warm area (I'm assuming the gas companies don't switch to winter gas in warmer areas??), then I would try the ISC reset (you said ICU reset, but I think you mean ISC reset) one more time (or get the dealer to do it using their computer).

By the way, every year in the fall/winter, I see my mileage change from 8.1 l/100km to 9 and even 9.5 l/100km once winter arrives. The ICE must run more often and longer in colder weather to keep the catalytic converter up to temp for emisssions and also to keep the coolant hot for cabin climate control. Additionaly, winter gas gives you less mpg. Also, when colder all the fluids are more viscous until warmed up, also leading to worse mileage.

Don't forget to check your tire pressures as they will drop with the colder weather (something like 1 psi for every 10 degree drop in temp)