Cold Starting

birdman

I usually have to turn the engine over 4 or 5 times before it cranks on cold mornings.I don't have a repair manual.Someone told me about a cold fuel injection that may be clogged.I have a 1990 ls400 with 89,000 miles.Just had a full tune up performed.Where on the engine is the injector located and how easy is it to remove and clean.Or is there anything else I need to check out.Once the engine warms up it cranks first try everytime.

injectors arent easy to play with, theyr right below your fuel rail. you can gain access to it by taking off the plenum (top part of intake manifold). i dont think it's the injectors, what viscosity engine oil are you using? try 0-30. and your starter is probably old and weak, i had the same problem. if you are having your starter changed, tell whoever is messing with it to hook up a new power cable for you, the old one may have oxidized and the conductivity is weaker.