Move Your Money?

pj8708

Personally I feel B of A should have been allowed to fold. Their treatment of customers is rediculous...They sit on mortage forclosures, shortsales, and then hold your money to their advantage, and manipulate your funds to create penalties....Best move I ever did was go with my local credit union. I was with B of A for over 35 years and they could care a less. My treatment at my credit union is so far superior. I believe the mega banks are crap.... Support your credit unions as well as local small banks that really want your business. Learn what real customer service can be and enjoy cheaper everything.

funny how all of the bailout banks have the worst customer service, go figure.

It is a world of difference dealing with a big bank like PNC where you are just account # 9177482 vs. a local bank that not only knows your name also wants your business. I love these big banks it is like fee...fee...fee. It is crazy I have moved most of my accounts to local banks and I also urge as many people as I know to as well.

I'm also a BofA customer, and am in the process of deciding which local bank or credit union to move our money to.

The final straw for me was when I have 5 pieces of paper I needed notarized and I was turned away from my BofA branch because they only notarize up to 3 pages. I have personal checking, business checking, savings, payroll, personal credit card, business credit card with BofA, and I'm a real estate broker who refers homebuyers who need loans. I mean...can you think of a better customer? I took it over to the competing bank across the street who did it no problem despite the fact that i had no accounts with them.

Terrible organization.

We are right in there with all of you. After the usual "Who are you again, and why should we care?" attitude from our previous Big Box bank, we now do all of our banking with our Credit Union connected to my wife's employer. When I walk in they ALL know us by name, their rates are competitive, and when we need an extra service like counting the change from my jar on my dresser, they do it gladly and free. Also, we can do all of our banking from our recliner since it is all on line service if we want.

I hope B of A, Wells Fargo, and some of the others choke on their fees (known and hidden) and get a clue from people like us.

Check this out re Bank of America, (Strikes again)

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/11/04/bofa-threatens-family-with-foreclosure-over-1-coding-error/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl13%7Csec3_lnk3%7C110189

Well I will share just a little story of how screwed up they are. PNC bought out Mercantile which the business that I purchased had all of our accounts at. Well long story but we have a trust account that a lot of funds go in and out of...easily a few hundred thousand a month. Well our business line of credit had always been set up to prevent any overdrafts on any of the other accounts. Now the guy I purchased the business from had not a clue about any of the bank accounts. He had been spoiled by a fabulous accountant and office manager. Well at about the same time PNC took over our office manager left and we replaced her and needless to say the new person was overwhelmed to say the least. So when the books were opened up for me to see I was shocked. Our trust account had been charged $12,500 in fees over 7-8 months! PNC started putting holds on everyone's checks for 3 days...even their own customers checks. I brought this to the owners attention and that his line of credit had been paying all of these fees due to the bank putting the holds on these checks. Needless to say we moved the accounts! I now have a great relationship with my bank that I use. PNC has been in to see me 4 or 5 times asking me to move the bank accounts back. No way...I still have a personal account there but I have been tempted to close that and now since they have started charging a $3.00 a month check image fee (to see copies of your checks with your statement) just hate having to update all of my online accounts.

I also despise Bank of America for many of the reasons listed above by several of you. I have refused to do business with them for more than 20 years....

I have done business with Wachovia for more than 40 years and have always been treated top-notch by them. As of October 15th, they became Wells Fargo here in North Carolina, and I'm giving them a chance to keep our business. The jury is still out....

I also do business with a local credit union. While their money market rates are better, their lack of sufficient ATM coverage with branches spread out few and far between makes it difficult for us to use them as our primary financial institution. I also perceive them as behind the times from a technology standpoint. But if Wells Fargo doesn't cut the mustard, I'll give them an opportunity as our primary. We'll see....

Big Banks Strike Again!!

Bank Of America can't seem to get it's act together. On ANYTHING!!

Read On;

1/11/17/konstantinos-alexopoulos-bank-of-america_n_1099235.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl19%7Csec1_lnk3%7C113624

My experience with BoA is the same...Always making my bill pays late, and taking and holding my automatic deposits till the last minute. I love my credit unions...When I walk in they know me and their technology is superior to BoA....And it is all free....