Installed New Tires On 09 Rx350 @costco, Tire Light Came On, Now Alarm

Just installed new tires on my 09 RX350 @Costco and then a week later I see this light up on the instrumental panel.

tpms_icon.jpg

Brought the car back to Costco and then said they did some kind of reset/programming and all is good now.

Went home and realize now when I unlock/lock the car I don't hear that *Beep* and *Beep Beep* sound from the horn and it's associated with the alarm I suppose.

Any idea what would be wrong? Is there any programming of the alarm I can do or would I have to bring back to Lexus? Don't really want to go back to Costco since they might mess it up more.

Thanks.

as the previous poster commented. since they changed the tires and your light came on, they have the reset the tire pressure monitoring system. and most cars have a hidden button some where under the steering. maybe since you car also has the alarm sound button there, the accidentally pressed that instead.

as the previous poster commented. since they changed the tires and your light came on, they have the reset the tire pressure monitoring system. and most cars have a hidden button some where under the steering. maybe since you car also has the alarm sound button there, the accidentally pressed that instead.

Or they simply disconnected the battery fro a few minutes and thereby reset ALL user/owner selected parameters...

Or they simply disconnected the battery fro a few minutes and thereby reset ALL user/owner selected parameters...

Highly unlikely...

There's no "alarm beep beep on/off" button down there; quite honestly i don't think the RX even has one.

If Costco can't fix it, tell them you're going to take it to Lexus and send them the bill. They shouldn't have had to touch ANY buttons when simply changing the tires.

There's no "alarm beep beep on/off" button down there; quite honestly i don't think the RX even has one.

If Costco can't fix it, tell them you're going to take it to Lexus and send them the bill. They shouldn't have had to touch ANY buttons when simply changing the tires.

"..They shouldn't..."

Unless there was unequal tread wear between/amongst the 4 tires they removed, plus there can be NO DOUBT that the circumference of the new tires significantly exceeded that of the old worn out ones. Both or either of those issues can/might have an adverse affect on the VSC/Trac system.

And did all 4 of the removed tires have roughly equal inflation levels..? Did Costco try to match the inflation level of new tires with the old ones..? Otherwise the TPMS system would need to be reset or recalibraded.

"...no....button down there.."

But there may very well be a dealer, or even owner set option to enable the "beep" that got turned off in the process.

"..They shouldn't..."

Unless there was unequal tread wear between/amongst the 4 tires they removed, plus there can be NO DOUBT that the circumference of the new tires significantly exceeded that of the old worn out ones. Both or either of those issues can/might have an adverse affect on the VSC/Trac system.

Actually no, really. The "idiot light" the OP is talking about is for the TPMS system, not traction control. The 07-09 RX350 doesn't have a light for the traction control.

The TPMS button shouldn't have been pressed. It never needs to be pressed unless the owner wants more air pressure in the tires and needs to tell the car to set a new balance point. Or, if the owner buys another set of wheels and needs to have them programmed. The system is there to notify the driver when pressure gets below a previously set point. If a tire gets low, light comes on. Owner repairs and fills tire to proper level, light goes off automatically.

The wheels can be removed from the car, taken to Japan for anyone cares, and come back 3 years later and be put back on the car and the light would go off and the car would be happy. There is literally NO reason Costco would need to press any TPMS buttons while changing tires. Simply take them off, put new tires on, inflate to the same PSI they were at before, and re-install.

If Costco pressed the button, they made a mistake. And that's why the light's on now. It shouldn't have been touched.