"chin" Spoiler

JDOwen2

I've notice some SC's with a black "chin" spoiler attached to the lower front fascia. Was this an option with the traction control and heated seats? I guess my 300 is "stripped", no trac control or heated seats. :( Anyone have an idea what the spoiler would cost. Sure like the way it looks.

there was a post recently about a member buying one of these chin spoilers at a salvage yard. it sounded like he had his hands full installing it. he mentioned that he talked the salvage guys into letting him have all the mounting brackets and screws/bolts otherwise it would have been even worse. see if you can find that post by running a search.

I have two SC's... one has the "chin" spoiler, the other does not. In my honest opinion (here in the Hill Country of West Austin), the naked front is so much better... it doesn't rub against curbs/hills/etc. The absense of this nuissance also does NOT restrict the airflow into the radiator (which is vital here in Texas). I actually tried to remove the front spoiler once, but found it to be glued to the frame! AND SCREWED! AHH...

There is no difference in handling with or without the front spoiler. Both coupes seem to clime to 140mph in similar times (the SC 300 is actually faster in my opinion that the SC 400, thanks to the five speed transmission).

Well, I'm off to cruise in my Mercedes-Benz... Lexi is in the shop after being hit-and-ran.