Dash Lights On Startup?

91ls400

I was starting my 91 ls400 today and noticed that there were not many lights showing up on the dash. I know that the indicator lights burn out. Do all the lights show when the car is started? A list of the lights that are supposed to light would be appreciated.

In mine, they ALL come{assume all ,but am not going to count them today} when you turn the key--the ABS will go out quickly when it pressurizes.

If they didn't come on HOW would anyone ever know when they were burned out--after the engine destroyed itself?????; I have never seen a car where they didn't come on--what make of car do you drive??? :o

In mine, they ALL come{assume all ,but am not going to count them today} when you turn the key--the ABS will go out quickly when it pressurizes.

Yeah,

all should com on...abs, vsc, engine, etc.....

I've got about 4 on the left, 4 on the right, and the tach, speedometer,....

all of it!

Behind or in the Tachometer all the ligts should come one for a second. low oil pressure warning, discharge battery, open door indicator, hand brake, seat belt reminder, SRS warning light(airbag). My Open door light is the only one that does not come one, not even later on when the doors are opened, I guess the bulb is burned out.

post-4-1077927531.jpg

wellwhen the ignition is on some of them soud b onsince system ischecking itself. then nly oil check engine and batery should stay and when he engine is on none of them should be on.that is why they are called diaggnostic or warning lights.

All of my lights illuminate when the switch is turned on, but go out after the engine starts. Like 93LSOwner, my "door open" light does not work at all and I have decided that my "low fuel" warning light does not illuminate either, because I have had the guage near "E" before and the light never illuminated. I am not sure if "OD on/off" or "cruise" light comes on or not when the switch is turned on, but do when they are in operation. The "antilock" and some other lights come on for a few seconds along the bottom of the cluster, and the "oil, battery, airbag, seatbelt, check engine, etc., also illuminate for a few seconds.