Nak Amp Replacement

93 sc 400............. i think my amp is starting to go. From what I have read,the Nak only has one amp mounted under the multi-cd in the trunk. What aftermarket amp will replace this amp. I am happy w one same wattage as what I have. Thanks

Steve :cheers:

Come on people!! :cries:

Come on people? After I gave you the wiring diagram for your Nakamichi system on Oct. 17 you replied:

I dont know what I'm looking at but I will take it w/ me to my stereo guy. Thankyou for responding

Steve

What did your "stereo guy" say?

Maybe it can be done but I don't remember anybody replacing a Nakamichi amp with an aftermarket one.

There are frequently used amps on ebay. And maybe forum member dcfish will see your post and offer to sell you Nak parts.

However, when the speakers in my LS started cutting out and everyone told me that the Nakamichi amp was the problem, the real problem turned out to be a loose connection in the head unit.

As far as I know, nobody repairs Nakamichi components anymore. Nakamichi went out of business years ago and the company currently operating under the Nakamichi name is not the same company.

I figured you should be able to buy a amp w/ comparable wattage & the same number of channels & it would work. Thats the sort of answer I was hoping for & expecting. Ya kno, I did appreciate the schematic, and replied as such. That doesnt have jack sh to do w/ this question in my opinion.I have not talked to my "stereo guy" yet,& will as funds become available. I appreciate the info on the refurbished amps & will be getting in touch.Thanks all............ :chairshot:

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

What a turn of events. I had a charging issue last week & went to Walmart & had my battery replaced. Stereo has been messing up for last 2 weeks. 4 days after new battery,it was down again. Checked altenator & found it was bad. Replaced alt. & no more stereo problems!!! I would have never dreamed that amp pulled that much juice,but it does........Folks w/ Nak "amp" issues..........Make SURE charging ststem is doing it's job. For what it's worth!

Steve :cheers: