300 Gear Shift Bulb Console Removal

i searched our forum and got nothing. does anyone have a link to diy gear shift bulb change. i remember there use to be a diy folder somewhere on here. this is the only bulb i didnt change when i got this car!

i searched our forum and got nothing. does anyone have a link to diy gear shift bulb change. i remember there use to be a diy folder somewhere on here. this is the only bulb i didnt change when i got this car!

I searched too and cannot find a tutorial. Based on the attached diagram, it looks to me that replacing the shift indicator bulb in your ES would be the same routine as what I did to replace the shift indicator bulb in our 98 Camry.

I had to do enough disassembly to allow me to pull the shift indicator (P-R-N-D-2-L) up the gear shift shaft so I could slip me fingers into the mechanism and unplug the bulb. I don't know if you will have to do this on your ES.

I searched ClubLexus and didn't find a tutorial there either - this is the best I found there: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es300-and-es330/494849-bulb-burnt-out.html

Replacing the shift indicator light in our Camry was pretty easy and, based on the comments in the ClubLexus thread, it must be easy on the ES too. Don't forget to peal the bulb cover off the old bulb and put in on the new one before you insert the new bulb.

post-2157-0-74045100-1319392115_thumb.jp

thanks, weekend project! im so freaked about scratching the wood. the plastic trim around the console looks like it should pop off to get at the wood easier but i guess its more crap to come apart. the bulbs size is #36 12v 1.3w dagram calls for 12v 2w but you cant buy that at the auto store. #76 is too big for the green cap and 14v

lunch break! ..... the plastic molding around the wood lifts off. start the end by the cup holder. you wont break the clips just pop it up. now do i switch to the cool white leds like the interior... even change the footwell led chips you have to sodder them :P

u guys have pics of diff colors in the gear shift? i just think it might look lame since the radio a/c will still be green