Just Re-Elect Me !

pj8708

Remember...guns are people too :rolleyes:

A med school student shouldn't be able to get their hands on an AR15. He probably bought it at Walmart.

This is a quote from a thread on another Lexus forum, I won't link to it or call anyone by name:

I carry a Glock 19 and usully when I get into the car I would put it in the glove box. Seems like the GS 350 glove box is pretty confined and even more so with that Bible of an instruction manual that sits in it. I tried putting the Glock in there but there just doesn't seem to be enough room. I either have to take the manual and the little bracket out or I just end up putting the pistol down in the center console. Seems like when you close the glove box it closes down the space even more pat.gif I like the pistol to be in the glove box because it is a lot quicker access then stumbling through that center console. I might have to switch over to my .357 3'' snub nose revolver which is a lot more compact but I only have 5 rounds vs 15 confused.gif Have any of you guys found a better solution? TIA ~Tu

I mean...of course the first thing I do when I buy a new car is find a place for my gun...you know some place where I can get at it quick...because I need it often. I don't want to use the smaller gun, because I can only fire 5 rounds instead of 15, you know because I need as many rounds as possible when driving down the highway. I mean...you never know when you might have to empty your whole !Removed! clip into somebody! Can't protect yourself with only 5 rounds!

Does nobody see how !Removed! insane this is? Literally worrying about how big the clip is on the gun you can fit in your car?!?!?! Scares the *BLEEP* out of me.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scares the crap out of me too my friend! That's why I take the "baby with the bath water" approach to the whole issue. If nobody has a gun, then I don't have to worry which one has the right or wrong intentions with it!

"Good morning class. Of the following three words, which two don't relate to the one word remeaining.?"

Answer: Thats correct.....Guts and God have no relation to Guns, If your response to this "Pop" quiz is to become angry, then I'm asking Lexus to make their glove box so small, you could barely bet a glove in it!

Scares the crap out of me too my friend! That's why I take the "baby with the bath water" approach to the whole issue. If nobody has a gun, then I don't have to worry which one has the right or wrong intentions with it!

And exactly how do you get any guns but registered guns? I just don't understand this the world trade center was bombed in 1993 with fertilizer let's stop the sale of that, 9/11 happened because aircrafts were taken over and crashed into the buildings. Let's stop flying? I think over 40,000 people a year die from car accidents... Let's all park our cars? I haven't shot a gun in years however I have a loaded 357 in my desk with hollow points in it. There have been several places robbed around us and one person not long ago was killed within a few miles of my main office. I think I will take my chances with my gun in my desk. By the way guess you missed the old man that chased that thug out of the place with his gun? Bet if this punk had pulled this kind of crap in let's say Texas he would have gotten some return fire.

Now I will admit that I think some of these assault rifle sales are ridicilous. I would have no problem if they banned them but again I don't think you will get them away from the criminals! And before anyone says it YES I do know that he purchased these guns legally.

No worse than the wack jobs that took two airplanes into the trade center, and a third one into the pentegon. Hey history is full of wack jobs. Being able to raise doubt to the wack jobs of whom can defend themselves is the unknown in this equation. Criminals and wack jobs dont abide by laws. Only the innocent law abiding folks. If one lously individual had had a weapon to defend themselves maybe there would not have been 12 deaths and so many wounded. We will never know. Police with budgets being cut everywhere are responding later and you are at the mercy of the wack jobs. Something has to give. Only folks in a bubble think that taking legally owned guns from law abiding folks will solve this issue. My prayers go out to the family of all of the victums. The only deterence to force is having a strong defense. Sadly the only ones with force are the thugs and wack jobs. Slowly we are all having our right to defense taken away. Assualt rifles should be controlled, but handguns, shotguns, and rifles for hunting and defense should be our right. Cities everywhere have only experienced worse crime when guns are banned. The lowlife still use them to commit there crime with complete indifference because they know that police cant respond to our needs rapidly enough......

The argument that people use other things than guns to kill people so why don't we just bean fertilizer, etc is a ridiculous argument. Nearly 10,000 people die every year in gun related murders. Thats MURDERS, not even including accidents. Thats 70% of all murders in the United States are done with guns.

Just because there are other dangerous things in America doesn't mean we shouldn't take steps to address gun control.

If one lously individual had had a weapon to defend themselves maybe there would not have been 12 deaths and so many wounded.

He was wearing body armor.

Cities everywhere have only experienced worse crime when guns are banned.

Source please. Look at Great Britain, 600 murders...42 gun related. Smaller country than ours but much lower murder rate, much lower percentage gun related.

Now, banning guns in the US isn't practical, but I want to see your source to back up the statement that "cities EVERYWHERE have experienced worse crime when guns were banned". Thats coming totally out of your rump and you know it.

This guy bought an AUTOMATIC RIFLE from Gander Mtn or Bass Pro Shops, thats absurd!

Look at New York, Has the murder rate gone down since guns were banned.? Funny in cities in Arizona where you can carry, the murder rate is relatively low....Gang activity however throws everything out. They have the guns....and they are not legal. In Stockton the Cambodian gang just shot up a police cruiser before they could be stopped. The Mexican and Black Gangs are running ramport in Stockton....Oakland has had the same problem for years. All I know if i were sitting in that theater with my grandchildren and some wacko opened up I would have shot back, and if he didnt go down, well you aim for the head or knees whatever it takes to stop them. Hey you cant stop wack jobs, but the common criminal would think twice if he didnt know whether you are armed or not. Risk is not one of their virtues. They rely on unarmed citizens, and slow police response.

Yeah, he would think twice, and what a great way to live your life. "Hey son, great job today mowing the yard! How about a Bannana Split from Dairy Queen with your old man? Yeah? Ok, you find the car keys while I go get the Sig45". Who the *BLEEP* wants to live like that? If that's the case, then screw the cops, screw the military, and screw the core fabric that is the back bone of America - the justice system.

You don't arm the citizens of Stockton, CA - you call in the military! That's what it's for! Why we haven't yet for this Mexican drug war going on beyond me.

I can tell you this much, and as a member of a Lin line of military family members, I don't say this lightly - if the day comes that we are living in a country where by the overwhelming majority find it normal to give their children a Glock, as a right of passage to becoming an American adult - I'm outta here, and taking my family, money, and whatever healthy contribution I make to this country's economic success with me. I will be sad, but won't hesitate without question. Quite frankly, American culture isn't mature enough or intelligent enough to survive under a society that is completely armed with hand guns. And your example of Stockton is a perfect case study as to why. Pushing turns to punching. Punching turns to kicking. Kickin turns to sticks, then knives, then the thinking of "screw all that mess, I'll blow his *BLEEP*ing brains out and be done with it" creeps in." You should watch Friday sometime, Craig. Live to fight another day, son. And you know this...man!

Look at New York, Has the murder rate gone down since guns were banned.?

The murder rate has absolutely gone down in NYC. Whether it has to do with gun control is another question.

This is why I said its not practical to ban guns in th US the way they have in the UK. you can't stop people from having guns in NYC when you can go to NJ or into NYS and get them easily. We have so many guns already in this country, even if we completely stopped the sale and import of them, we'd have a problem.

Funny in cities in Arizona where you can carry, the murder rate is relatively low....

LOL, are you seriously saying cities in AZ are safer than NYC because people are allowed to carry guns? Yeah...nothing underlyingly different about a huge city like NYC with a large homeless population and a lot of street crime and someplace like Scottsdale. Can't remember the last time I felt safe in Scottsdale :rolleyes:

All I know if i were sitting in that theater with my grandchildren and some wacko opened up I would have shot back, and if he didnt go down, well you aim for the head or knees whatever it takes to stop them.

You're not the only person who has a inflated sense of their own bravery and capabilities in a situation like this. You have no idea how ou would have reacted, you're not trained to deal with a situation like that, and certainly not trained to deal with a direct threat to your children with deadly force. There is NO evidence that having citizens around with guns helps deter or protect them from violent crime. In fact, having a gun yourself increases your odds of being shot in a robbery, for instance.

Having the idea that you would have the presence of mind, and tactical capability to aim for someone's knees or head in a tear gas filled dark theatre full of screaming, running people and 5 rounds a second of ammo being poured into the crowd is a PREPOSTEROUS leap of arrogance. If only you were there! You'd have been just as likely to shoot scene else by mistake. Get real.

1. I totally am for the ban on Automatic weapons. No place for them other than the military or police.

2. I have been trained for protection

3. I have had to draw and protect what I was ordered to do many years ago.

4. Darn right I would take out that individual if it was me, my family, or other innocents. I know the screwy laws would probably arrest me, but the results would have been better for the innocents.

5. NC is correct, our politicians are more interested in votes than protecting our borders...Yes I would put the military on the borders and stop this insanity.

6. Owning a gun would require a true safety course by everyone. Just like a drivers license. The course would have to be a minimum of 8 hours under the supervision of trained instructors.

I'm not saying our politicians are more interested in votes than protecting the country. Im not quite as slanted towards the political process as you Lenore.

Until the NRA gets on board, AR15's and worse will keep roaming the American streets, and killing American women, men, and children. Until the NRA says "enough is enough" and really makes an honest and unbiased push to clean up these guns on our streets, the way I see it, the NRA has blood on their hands.

2. I have been trained for protection

3. I have had to draw and protect what I was ordered to do many years ago.

This is just the thing...most people aren't. In any event, like I said you don't know how you would react, and you are older than you were "many years ago" with slower reflexes, poorer eyesight, slower decision making process...

I think if you're going to be allowed to own and carry something you can use to kill people, you need more than 8 hours training LOL.

I'm not saying our politicians are more interested in votes than protecting the country. Im not quite as slanted towards the political process as you Lenore.

Until the NRA gets on board, AR15's and worse will keep roaming the American streets, and killing American women, men, and children. Until the NRA says "enough is enough" and really makes an honest and unbiased push to clean up these guns on our streets, the way I see it, the NRA has blood on their hands.

Completely disagree. The NRA is the only thing between you and Government to protect your constitutional rights to bare arms. They use to put on great training courses for the hunters when I was a kid. Dad required it before I was allowed to Pheasant hunt. And Eric holder and the justice department arent to blame for heavy automatics to land on our streets? Or was that all a set up to further move public sentament against gun stores. ?/??? Think carefully because the reason for the second amendment was for the citizens to not only protect themselves, hunt, but also to protect against a out of control government. That is why the British are a disaster of people that act like sheep following the social route. As for our politicians, we need problem solvers, not a bunch of little kings and queens living the high and mighty life. I personally would love to see the citizen represented by citizens, not a bunch of ego, never held real job morons that we have now. (Harry Reid)....Nancy Pelosi have done more to divide this country in their tenure than really solve or meet the needs of the people. We have real social problems of a nanny state where 47 % are on the dole, 535 representatives think we should support their spending sprees, and millions of single parent families that live in poverty because the government supports their stay at home and draw money that was earned by the rest of us and never accomplish anything in life other than pop babies and draw welfare, and end up on Jerry Springer shows....What in heavens name ever happened to the pround hard working, ethics of our grand parents. ???? I want fiscal policy to reign and welfare as a stepping stone to training and meeting the needs of the 21st century. What we have now are a bunch of whining, overweight, drug using losers....No ONE is entitled to live life watching tv on some one elses taxes, while they work their butt off, meeting their bills, responsibilities of family, and meeting their God Given rights of worship. Look carefully around you, observe people.....Do you personally appreciate the fact that for every one of you earning a living there is going to be another that expects you to pay their way.????? ANd OBAMA's solution is exactly that, governent to him is the solution....\

By the way I may be older, but my training and skills have made me wiser. And my son who is a police officer has given me countless tips...

The argument that people use other things than guns to kill people so why don't we just bean fertilizer, etc is a ridiculous argument. Nearly 10,000 people die every year in gun related murders. Thats MURDERS, not even including accidents. Thats 70% of all murders in the United States are done with guns.

Just because there are other dangerous things in America doesn't mean we shouldn't take steps to address gun control.

I didn't say that at all and that isn't what I implied either SW? I said I don't understand banning all guns as NC said. I was making a point that it didn't make sense to ban all guns. I even said which you didn't quote that we need to do something with the assault rifles.

Completely disagree. The NRA is the only thing between you and Government to protect your constitutional rights to bare arms.

Someone wants to make me wear long sleeve shirts? Heresy!

And Eric holder and the justice department arent to blame for heavy automatics to land on our streets?

Huh?!!? WTF are you talking about?

but also to protect against a out of control government.

Newsflash lenore, its not 1787 anymore.

I personally would love to see the citizen represented by citizens, not a bunch of ego, never held real job morons that we have now.

Nothing affluent about Mitt Romney :rolleyes: just an ordinary joe.

By the way I may be older, but my training and skills have made me wiser. And my son who is a police officer has given me countless tips...

If only you were there! They'd all be alive.

didn't say that at all and that isn't what I implied either SW? I said I don't understand banning all guns as NC said. I was making a point that it didn't make sense to ban all guns. I even said which you didn't quote that we need to do something with the assault rifles.

Sure you did, making the statement that cars kill more people than guns so why don't we just ban cars is tantamount to saying that since other things kill people guns are okay.

Ever heard of Fast and Furious? (eric holder a player)

At least Mitt Romney was in the business world creating companies which (staples) created jobs

As for not being in 1787, ever heard of the Boston Tea Party....THe British government was taxing the heck out of our early citizens. Not too unlike today...Government needs to step back and realize they are the problem not the solution.

As for being there and stopping the theatre massecure at least his attention would have been drawn to me, and maybe more folks could have escaped.

And finally the NRA doesnt require you to wear flannel long sleeves, however if it is cold outside, than it could be a great choice. Thanks for stereotyping....but there are a lot of good, honest, hard working people that are members of that organization.

Ever heard of Fast and Furious? (eric holder a player)

Sure...I think you'd be surprised how often operations are done in that manner though.

At least Mitt Romney was in the business world creating companies which (staples) created jobs

And destroying companies which cost jobs, and sent jobs overseas.

As for not being in 1787, ever heard of the Boston Tea Party....THe British government was taxing the heck out of our early citizens. Not too unlike today...Government needs to step back and realize they are the problem not the solution.

Right. That was in 1773. 239 years ago. This is 2012. You don't deal with disagreements with your government with guns anymore. Doing so makes you a domestic terrorist. So by your logic we should applaud the guy who killed Kennedy? The guy who tried to kill Reagan? Standing up for what they believe in vs their oppressive government right?

As for being there and stopping the theatre massecure at least his attention would have been drawn to me, and maybe more folks could have escaped.

Maybe you should dress up like Batman, and fight crime. How heroic!

And finally the NRA doesnt require you to wear flannel long sleeves, however if it is cold outside, than it could be a great choice. Thanks for stereotyping....but there are a lot of good, honest, hard working people that are members of that organization.

It was a joke that went right over your head. You referenced your "right to bare arms" its your right to "bear arms" :rolleyes:

Damn, this sure is getting saucy in here! Hahaa!

My point about wanting to ban all guns, is like the slogan of throwing out the baby with the bath water. I know we'll never be rid of guns in this country, at least not in my lifetime or sadly probably children's either. So, I am willing to compromise to find some kind of middle ground that at least might help, which I think everyone is agreement with - keep the rifles, get rid of the assault rifles, and leave the hand guns to the police. One bullet per shot, is one thing, like those of the Browning hunting rifles. I get that, and can appreciate the desire to hunt for food. Although you can just go to the store, hunting is a reflex thing built into the code of life, across all species. We as humans, need tools to do it, and a gun is that tool. Afterall, the "R" in NRA does stand for riffle. But the problem then becomes the NRA's total lack of ability to stop there. Give an inch, and they take a foot. So, until they step up and take responsibility for the fact that many of the guns used to kill our own with, are readily available by the actions of the NRA via their hiding behind an amendment that doesn't really apply to our world today, as it was written back then when you had showdowns out in the streets of Dodge City, and a nation was being born, then I say f'm and take all of the guns away. I wonder sometimes who is more irresponsible, the killer, or the supporter of the device that was created for the sole purpose of killing. If you can't fix stupid, then I say you destroy it.

I wish I could find a political platform that believed in the republican approach to the business world, and the social issues of the democrat approach. If someone stood up and said "I'm going to let the private sector focus on the revenue stream, which will help to support the democrats with their social agenda", we'd have a winner on our hands!

didn't say that at all and that isn't what I implied either SW? I said I don't understand banning all guns as NC said. I was making a point that it didn't make sense to ban all guns. I even said which you didn't quote that we need to do something with the assault rifles.

Sure you did' date=' making the statement that cars kill more people than guns so why don't we just ban cars is tantamount to saying that since other things kill people guns are okay.

[/quote']

No my point was why ban all guns it would be like trying to ban cars or airplanes. I was being a little sarcastic.

Damn, this sure is getting saucy in here! Hahaa!

My point about wanting to ban all guns, is like the slogan of throwing out the baby with the bath water. I know we'll never be rid of guns in this country, at least not in my lifetime or sadly probably children's either. So, I am willing to compromise to find some kind of middle ground that at least might help, which I think everyone is agreement with - keep the rifles, get rid of the assault rifles, and leave the hand guns to the police. One bullet per shot, is one thing, like those of the Browning hunting rifles. I get that, and can appreciate the desire to hunt for food. Although you can just go to the store, hunting is a reflex thing built into the code of life, across all species. We as humans, need tools to do it, and a gun is that tool. Afterall, the "R" in NRA does stand for riffle. But the problem then becomes the NRA's total lack of ability to stop there. Give an inch, and they take a foot. So, until they step up and take responsibility for the fact that many of the guns used to kill our own with, are readily available by the actions of the NRA via their hiding behind an amendment that doesn't really apply to our world today, as it was written back then when you had showdowns out in the streets of Dodge City, and a nation was being born, then I say f'm and take all of the guns away. I wonder sometimes who is more irresponsible, the killer, or the supporter of the device that was created for the sole purpose of killing. If you can't fix stupid, then I say you destroy it.

I wish I could find a political platform that believed in the republican approach to the business world, and the social issues of the democrat approach. If someone stood up and said "I'm going to let the private sector focus on the revenue stream, which will help to support the democrats with their social agenda", we'd have a winner on our hands!

So you still believe government can fix social issues....???? Where has that ever happened. All they have done is prolong the misery for the masses making them dependent on the dole and living a life of poverty....

this little fact of information pretty much sums it up....

Subject: Scary Obituary

Scary Obituary

In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the

University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the

Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is always

temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent

form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until

the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous

gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority

always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from

the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally

collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a

dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the

beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200

years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;

From spiritual faith to great courage;

From courage to liberty;

From liberty to abundance;

From abundance to complacency;

From complacency to apathy;

From apathy to dependence;

From dependence back into bondage."

The Obituary follows:

Born 1776, Died 2012

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in

St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning

the last Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29

Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million McCain: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 McCain: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory

McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens

of the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low

income tenements and living off various forms of government

welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the

"complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of

democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population

already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million

criminal invaders called illegal's - and they vote - then we can say

goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low

income tenements and living off various forms of government

welfare..."

This is a preposterous statement.

Quite frankly its funny how both parties will say and do anything to grab the wills of the voters, however the Democrat party is extremely guilty of being the party of compassion giving the poor, and non working folks money to keep them subjects of the government. It is no more than slavery when generations live on Government welware without breaking the bonds and becoming self sufficent. It disppairs me to think we worked so hard in our past to break the bonds only to create a whole new sytem that basically puts folks back in poverty forever. I am compassionate also, but feel there are better ways to bring people to success. We never learn, we did it to the Indians with Reservations, and their conditions went down the drain. Sad they are breaking free with Casino's and the wealth they create, but not exactly what I would agree with as there is a lot of corruption and fraud associated with this move. Groups that go in and effectively buy votes by registering the poor and welfare folks with promises of free everything should be ashamed.