Engine Noise

I purchased a used 2008 LS 460L with 45K miles on it a few weeks ago, and noticed after I purchased it a valve noise on start up. The noise is subtle and will go away when the car is warm. I'm thinking a valve lifter not getting the oil at first. I had it in to the dealer for an oil change and they said nothing about it. I wanted them to say something first. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I also have a 97 LS 400 250 K miles and a 03 SC430 25K miles. None of the others have this noise. I kind of surprises me, I would have never expected it from a Lexus. The car is a dream to drive and I enjoy it very much. I have a good dealer, and have trust in him. I have an extended warranty on the car till 100K, so I have time to see if it gets any worse. What do you think?

I purchased a used 2008 LS 460L with 45K miles on it a few weeks ago, and noticed after I purchased it a valve noise on start up. The noise is subtle and will go away when the car is warm. I'm thinking a valve lifter not getting the oil at first. I had it in to the dealer for an oil change and they said nothing about it. I wanted them to say something first. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I also have a 97 LS 400 250 K miles and a 03 SC430 25K miles. None of the others have this noise. I kind of surprises me, I would have never expected it from a Lexus. The car is a dream to drive and I enjoy it very much. I have a good dealer, and have trust in him. I have an extended warranty on the car till 100K, so I have time to see if it gets any worse. What do you think?

I did a quick search here and it appears there was an issue with the valve springs on the 2007-2008 LS460. It is not clear from what little I could find, but there might have been a recall on it. This is not carved in stone fact and you might want to do your own search and absolutely check with your dealer.

Let us know what you find out.

I did a quick search here and it appears there was an issue with the valve springs on the 2007-2008 LS460. It is not clear from what little I could find, but there might have been a recall on it. This is not carved in stone fact and you might want to do your own search and absolutely check with your dealer.

Let us know what you find out.

I will be out of town for the next two weeks, when I return, I will take the car in to the dealer. I will let you know what they said.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Larry