2010 Es Ipod Interface

jgilbert

I have a 2010 ES. I installed my 16 gig Ipod on my ES and have been very frustrated by the software on the ES. First, I have 407 artists on my IPOD and several thousand songs. The software shows five artists at a time and forces you to page down, page by page by page to move between artists. Then, if you pause more than a second or two on any one page, it automatically starts playing music from the first artist on the page. Compared with the software on the IPOD itself, the Lexus software is TERRIBLE. Have any of you been frustrated by this? Any solutions?

Very frustrating I agree. I have heard tell of a software update that does away with the auto-selection of the top song/artist/playlist...but when I asked the dealer about it they looked at me like I had three heads. Our Jeep has a better process for browsing within the iPod, but frustratingly doesn't remember what song/playlist it was set to when the Jeep is shut off and restarted.

There's really no solution unfortunately...

Very frustrating I agree. I have heard tell of a software update that does away with the auto-selection of the top song/artist/playlist...but when I asked the dealer about it they looked at me like I had three heads. Our Jeep has a better process for browsing within the iPod, but frustratingly doesn't remember what song/playlist it was set to when the Jeep is shut off and restarted.

(I've been meaning to ask you about that third head, but I didn't want to make you feel self conscious.)

If you turn the knob on the right side of the audio system, it will scroll up and down your list of artists or songs, but this is still a very slow and clumsey option (but is better than pressing the page down button 100 times). If anyone else has any other suggestions on improving the ipod interface, let us know!

I have the info you require to address that concern, but I'm afraid you will continue to increase my 'warn' status if I respond to any of your comments.

I have the info you require to address that concern, but I'm afraid you will continue to increase my 'warn' status if I respond to any of your comments.

Why don't you share the information with us? I would like to avoid that Ipod problem.

Nobody's going to increase your warn status as long as you don't post rude, snide remarks to anybody and just share your information in a friendly and open manner, as the rest of us do. Anyways, how can you be afraid to respond to my comments when you just responded to my comments?

In other words...respond away...just don't be a jerk.

Take a walk on the wild side. I would also like to hear your information. Go for it.

• 4 weeks later...