Average Mpg, Miles Remaining On Tank

LennyF

I’ve only have my new ’08 ES350 for a few weeks. The 1st time I filled the tank, a msg on the dash showed the “miles remaining for this tank“.

I just filled up again and now the Msg on the dash says “Average MPG for this Tank”.

I did not change anything that I’m aware of, so how did this change?

I've only have my new '08 ES350 for a few weeks. The 1st time I filled the tank, a msg on the dash showed the "miles remaining for this tank".

I just filled up again and now the Msg on the dash says "Average MPG for this Tank".

I did not change anything that I'm aware of, so how did this change?

:You must have inadvertently hit the toggle switch that changes the display. It's easy to do.

I've only have my new '08 ES350 for a few weeks. The 1st time I filled the tank, a msg on the dash showed the "miles remaining for this tank".

I just filled up again and now the Msg on the dash says "Average MPG for this Tank".

:You must have inadvertently hit the toggle switch that changes the display. It's easy to do.

cycle though the different dislpay options with the button on the steering wheel, that is what you hit inadvertantly

everyone like to keep a different one displayed..my preference is to usually display the tank mpg

when I get low on gas, I sonmetimes watch the remaining miles which is way off, you have more than it says

Look in your Owners Manual it will give you information on the functions of the display (Disp) button on the steering wheel. You'll also get an explanation of how the information is calculated.

I always leave mine on Outside Temperature just out of habit I guess.

WOW, that was easy, I feel like a dummy, thanks