One Thing

rob_es350

Let Garmin redesign the Nav system,

I have a Garmin nav in our Jeep, and my wife and I HATE it. Its awful...I honestly don't see how anybody could like that abysmal system better than whats in the Lexus. Only thing we dislike about the Jeep.

Oh...and Jeep cuts out the destination input when driving too...even though its Garmin.

For me I'd like to see the ES be RWD. Never gonna happen though.

if you could have lexus change/add one thing to your es what would it be??

for me, it is a no-brainer, AWD..was the toughest thing for me to compromise on when buying the car, and after last winter, wow, felt even stronger about it

other thoughts?

Did you look at the GS with AWD?

As far as winter, I think my ES is pretty good in the snow as it is. Anything much deeper than 5" or so and AWD isn't going to help because its going to overcome the car's ground clearance, and less than that...I didn't have any problems getting around and that was on sh!tty tires.

if you could have lexus change/add one thing to your es what would it be??

for me, it is a no-brainer, AWD..was the toughest thing for me to compromise on when buying the car, and after last winter, wow, felt even stronger about it

other thoughts?

Did you look at the GS with AWD?

yes, liked it lot, but didn't think it was worth the price difference

for that money, probably would have bought one of the competitors, likely a bmw

As far as winter, I think my ES is pretty good in the snow as it is. Anything much deeper than 5" or so and AWD isn't going to help because its going to overcome the car's ground clearance, and less than that...I didn't have any problems getting around and that was on sh!tty tires.

I had a ton of trouble in the snow, but ground clearance could have easily been the issue

You won't believe this, but this just came up last night.

Light up the cruise control stalk/control !!!!!

Had to travel last night after dark and I don't have cause to use the cruise that often to have the control stalk memorized. Got on the Interstate in the dark and could not see other than by Braille how to find the blank control.

I have a Garmin nav in our Jeep, and my wife and I HATE it. Its awful...I honestly don't see how anybody could like that abysmal system better than whats in the Lexus. Only thing we dislike about the Jeep.

Oh...and Jeep cuts out the destination input when driving too...even though its Garmin.

For me I'd like to see the ES be RWD. Never gonna happen though.

I wasn't aware that the Jeep used a Garmin nav. It must not be the same as the Garmin Nuvi but rather something else that Garmin designed to Jeep specs. Kind of a disappointment to hear that.

I wasn't aware that the Jeep used a Garmin nav. It must not be the same as the Garmin Nuvi but rather something else that Garmin designed to Jeep specs. Kind of a disappointment to hear that.

Its the same Garmin operating system thats in my handheld Garmin Nuvi. I've only used that a couple of times, but I got it out to compare and they are the same. Awful...

18" wheels would add to the appearance.

o, there is one I agree with 100% - at least have it as an option, so lexus could pass the additional cost right along

if fact the majority of the enthusiastic thoughts here have been related to making the car either perform or look a bit sportier

makes sense, that is where the competing cars are leaning

we have a good focus group going here..perhaps lexus is monitoring this site, lol

If you are disappointed with the quality of the Garmin navigation in your Jeep, have you considered OnStar FMV? It's compatible with a lot of vehicles and you can get turn by turn navigation with it, besides all of the other things that come with it, like automatic crash response, roadside assistance, and bluetooth. Might be something to look into.

Reposition the heated seat control. It's current placement requires you to take your eyes off the road far to much to see what the setting is and adjust the dial. Maybe more distracting than a cell phone.