2011 Rx 350: Low Engine Thrumbing Sound When Accelerating

McDMan

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I just bought my first new 2011 RX in June of this year - I have a 2-part question:

1) I have found that the car feels extremely bumpy when I ride over any kind of bump. I can 'really' feel it. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm a 4000 kms and I thought I may to 'break' in the vehicle but it has not disappeared? Can Lexus do anything to remedy this to the suspension?

2) When I press on the accelerator, I notice a low pitch thrumbing sound coming from either the engine or muffler. As a new car, I expected the Lexus to be whisper quiet, but when I accelerate, its even louder then my 4 year old Grand Caravan???? Again, is there something Lexus can do here?

Thanks, Charles

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I just bought my first new 2011 RX in June of this year - I have a 2-part question:

1) I have found that the car feels extremely bumpy when I ride over any kind of bump. I can 'really' feel it. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm a 4000 kms and I thought I may to 'break' in the vehicle but it has not disappeared? Can Lexus do anything to remedy this to the suspension?

2) When I press on the accelerator, I notice a low pitch thrumbing sound coming from either the engine or muffler. As a new car, I expected the Lexus to be whisper quiet, but when I accelerate, its even louder then my 4 year old Grand Caravan???? Again, is there something Lexus can do here?

Thanks, Charles

To answer your first question, check tire pressure and make sure you got 32lb in them and not 38 or more. for Sure your Grand Caravan was smoother over the bumps, but my RX is very good when it comes to smooth ride.

As far as your second question, I find the low pich muffler sound quite nice and sexy. Get used to it, to re-tune your muffler would cost you $, but it can be done.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Charles

These first few months when your becoming acquainted with the RX is the time Lexus expects you to keep track of these types of issues and bring them to the attention of your dealer. Some maybe adjustable, some may not. The point is if something is bothering you, ask your dealer if it is normal or not. If best, keep a list and when it is time for your 5,000 mile service covered under your warranty, go over your list at that time.

Good Luck