Lx570 Gas Mileage

rptam

I have owned 2 LX 470 and am considering getting a LX570. My local dealer claims owners are getting 21-26mpg on the highway. My LX 470 only gets 13city and 16 hwy. what rev the mpg numbers you are getting for both city an highway driving. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

My GX470 (2005) uses the same in the town as per the built-in sensor. I use "Superior" but the truck is operated in a place in Russia where gas is constantly referred to be of a poor quality. Still, on the highway it uses just around 15 liters of gas per 100 km (not sure which mpg it would give you) - both with speeds within 90-110 and 110-140 kmh range. My friend who has 2008 LX570 (bought it new) reports comparably the same range of consumption.

Not sure if this helps as gas here is indeed much worse than in the US (if you're in the US)...

rptam, I have done a search on this board and on the Club Lexus site as well, and oddly I haven't found a thread/posting about this topic. It appears that no one else cares about the mpg of their LX570 which is pretty weird. Sorry I can't help you any more, but it has only been a few hours since your original post so others may sign on.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2010 LX-570 with 42,000 miles and average about 14 miles per gallon in mixed driving. Unfortunately, too many sales people are either mis-informed, don't tell the truth or both.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm reminded of a personal story from back in the '70's during the oil embargo when gasoline prices shot up to (sit down for this) 50 cents a gallon! A co-worker decided he wasn't going to enrich the oil companies, so he traded in his Buick Riviera for a Datsun 310. He was taunted by everyone in the office for doing this (it was just un-American), but he boasted about the great gas mileage he would be getting. So a bunch of us pooled some cash and filled up a 5 gallon gas can every couple days and dumped it in his Datsun during lunch. This guy began bragging endlessly about how his Datsun was getting over a hundred miles per gallon, and how smart he was buying it. The fun started when we stopped adding gas to his tank. He kept taking the car back to the dealer complaining about how the MPG suddenly plummeted to only 31 from over 100. The dealer thought he was nuts.