Help Please! Vsc, Vsc Trac, Check Engine Lights On

DuCKsTeR

Hi All,

I have a 2006 GX and all my lights came on recently and I have not been able to find the problem. I thought it was a loose gas cap, but after replacing it with a brand new one and resetting the battery, the lights came back on after a week. I had a mechanic pull the codes listed below so I wanted to check with you guys before getting any guess work done.

P043E

P043F

P2401

P2402

P2419

I know it can be a number of things and don't want to waste money fixing every little thing that might be wrong. I'd rather know exactly what's wrong and only fix that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The dealer can easily handle that. I can't recall what the cause of my lights going on before, but I ran it to the dealer and they fixed it right away. Shouldn't cost much if ever.

I'm being told it's a big job on my 2008 gx470. It's either the air pump or valve and the intake manifold needs to be removed to see if it's either. 3 hours labor. Part prices as quoted by them are 1250 or 550, respectively, depending on which is bad. i need more info but work's been crazy. I will post back if i have a useful update.

• 2 years later...

Hate to be the one to tell you..... if you have not all ready found out.... it's your aux air pump... when it dies it kills the air switch valve and the two check valves.... Dealer has all the stuff for ton of money... Here is what I paid... It took two weeks to get here but even after paying 400 for labor I got out for less than half the dealer quote..

Tundra and sequoia under warranty... not the lexus.... makes you want something else....

Ordered parts:

Toyota 2571050021 (BJ AR) - 210.23 USD, 1 items

Toyota 2572050020 (BJ AR) - 157.67 USD, 1 items

Toyota 1734150180 (BJ AR) - 8.93 USD, 1 items

Toyota 1737750010 (BJ AR) - 1.05 USD, 4 items

Toyota 1717150030 (BJ AR) - 9.59 USD, 2 items

Toyota 176000F010 MOTOR (BJAR) - 534.78 USD, 1 items

Toyota 2572050011 (BJ AR) - 157.67 USD, 1 items

Luis Pavez

Amayama Trading Co. Ltd manager

Email: luis@amayama.co.jp

WWW: http://www.amayama.com/

• 8 months later...

Well, if anyone else is having this problem (old topic),

The way I solved this issue in my 05 GX was by replacing the Gas Cap.

Try this method before spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars when it might be unnecessary. There could be a possibility of a crack in your gas cap which causes the lights to turn on.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had 3 Toyota 4Runners and all 3 coded and lit the same warning lights.as you state. On all 3, a new OEM Gas Cap cured the problem and was a very minimaql cost! They don''t last forever.

Bob

• 1 year later...