Navigation Update 11.1

Installing it amounts to plugging in a USB stick to the console and pushing a button too.

If only it were that easy. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Why don't you go to the dealer and see what's involved in updating an LS460's Navigation System.

Got it today installed by the dealer - total waste of $326! The new intersection next door built over a year ago is still not on the map.

LOL! That sucks! I bet it has some new streets in towns you don't live near on it. Call Lexus Customer Service and tell them about your experience. If you can't find the number, your dealer will know what the number is. I bet they help you out.

If only it were that easy. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Why don't you go to the dealer and see what's involved in updating an LS460's Navigation System.

I would refer you to the site's terms of service to teach you some manners. I obviously was incorrect, but simply politely pointing that out as the OP did is all thats necessary.

Got it today installed by the dealer - total waste of $326! The new intersection next door built over a year ago is still not on the map.

LOL! That sucks! I bet it has some new streets in towns you don't live near on it. Call Lexus Customer Service and tell them about your experience. If you can't find the number, your dealer will know what the number is. I bet they help you out.

You do realize that the lack of inclusion of your next door intersection is not controlled by Lexus.

If you two find the Lexus navigation system so lacking why would you bother putting money in something you know to be so poor?

• 2 months later...

its a very simple update, school yourself and learn how-to use bitorrent or newsgroups...

I was just looking back on this post since you followed up today, and it appears we never did arrive at the definitive way the update IS installed!

Can you or anyone else clue me in on the CORRECT procedure?

Thanks,

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...
On 10/13/2011 at 6:35 PM, SW03ES said:

I would refer you to the site's terms of service to teach you some manners. I obviously was incorrect, but simply politely pointing that out as the OP did is all thats necessary.

SW03ES  I don't understand your "distress".  Your reply states that you did,  in fact, "not know what you were talking about".

What sort of snowflake verbiage would you have preferred to assuage your delicate sensibilities?

The post was not in conflict with the TOS in any way.

On 10/11/2011 at 6:33 PM, DEATH said:

This is why I installed the V-Line 2 navigation carplay adadpter and itis very much better and it has waze and music play for $600