Can't Find The Fuse Box !

london669

Had the Rx 300 SE-L for a week or so now. Loving it - except for a small problem.

There doesn't seem to be any power to the cigarette lighter - phone charger won't work. I have tried the charger in another car and it was fine.

My wife tried the power outlet under the contre cosole and that worked once but doesn't any longer.

I also tried the one in the boot but again, nothing.

Does anyone know if this could be a fuse issue? I've looked at the fuse box under the bonnet but the diagram on the lid isn't that helpful! The diagram shows there should be a fuse for the 2nd power outlet but there isn't one in there!! Can't see which other fuse would operate these power outlets.

I don't want to make the 90 mile round trip to the dealer if it's something as simple as a blown fuse.

Is there another fuse box in the RX? I have seen other posts about footwell fuseboxes on other models but can't see one on the RX.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

In your profile it lists "Rx300" but the year reads "2004". All US RX's in 2004 are the Rx330, so are you outside of the US? I think foreign RX's for the 2004 are our "rx330" but they call it the Rx300 still.

In that case, the fuse boxes (more than one) are located in a different spot. One should be beneath the steering column area (above where your feet are) and the other(s) should be under the hood.

Refer to your manual for pictures. Or, you can google the manual.