New Navigation Version 11.1 Gen4-11

I don't know for sure, but if you look thru the posts by people with overide who upgraded, they lost it. And, there's no going back once you've upgraded the operating system. At least that's what I gleaned from reading those posts.

I don't know for sure, but if you look thru the posts by people with overide who upgraded, they lost it. And, there's no going back once you've upgraded the operating system. At least that's what I gleaned from reading those posts.

Thanks for the reply BobBass, but I am looking for someone who bought the gen4-11 and installed it, and still have the overide. There is suppose to be a lock pick device for a couple hundred dollars, but I am not interested in spending more money for once in a while use. I've seen the previous post that they lost the overide when they upgraded their maps, I am hoping the gen4-11 is different.

The service manager at my dealer said the dvd of maps will not effect my override button, so I am off to update my maps, I will post if it works Ok and if it does not, you should be able to hear me swearing with your P/C . In case you did not hear me, I no longer have override of the motion sensor, I have not tried putting the old dvd in and re booting, I am searching the internet for a hack to the gen 4 -11 upgrade. I hope this keeps someone from up grading that wants to keep his override button on volume menu. I put the original map DVD back in and I still no longer have override. I called the service manager and he said bring it in and a tech would look at it. The tech told him the new Dvd deletes the override and you cannot get it back. He told me since he told me I would keep my override, that he knew a guy that installed the lock pick and he would pay. I said thats fair enough.

Just a guess but you might try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes.

Tom

The service manager at my dealer said the dvd of maps will not effect my override button, so I am off to update my maps, I will post if it works Ok and if it does not, you should be able to hear me swearing with your P/C . In case you did not hear me, I no longer have override of the motion sensor, I have not tried putting the old dvd in and re booting, I am searching the internet for a hack to the gen 4 -11 upgrade. I hope this keeps someone from up grading that wants to keep his override button on volume menu. I put the original map DVD back in and I still no longer have override. I called the service manager and he said bring it in and a tech would look at it. The tech told him the new Dvd deletes the override and you cannot get it back. He told me since he told me I would keep my override, that he knew a guy that installed the lock pick and he would pay. I said thats fair enough.