95 Ls400 Stereo Problems

The speakers turn on and off for no apparent reason, could this be the amp under the passenger seat or the receiver.

It does not say Nakamichi on the front, is it a Pioneer? Does anyone know what this could be and how to test it.

The speakers turn on and off for no apparent reason, could this be the amp under the passenger seat or the receiver.

It does not say Nakamichi on the front, is it a Pioneer? Does anyone know what this could be and how to test it.

It could be one of a dozen things based on your description. It could be the amp, but usually the amp will put out some sort of distortion sound or other noise first before quiting. The receiver, (head unit), could have a short or a bad solder joint. There could be a loose connection in one of the wiring harness's. This is a long shot, but the fuse supplying power might be weak and breaking connection intermittently. It is unlikely that it is the speakers, if all of them are going on and off at the same time.

In order to test the amp, you'd need to find a known working amp and exchange it for your current one, then drive it around and see how it works. Not easy to find another amp I know.

Contact "dcfish" on this forum for possible help with an amp or receiver. He is the LOC approved vendor for Lexus audio and navigation equipment.

If your able to post a more specific and detailed description of the problem it might be helpful. For example, do the speakers make a scratchy noise before or during the time they cut out? How long do the speakers stay off? Do you lose sound in all speakers? Do the speakers cut out when you go over a bump? If you turn up the volume high does the sound go out or does it distort?.....etc.

The speakers go out then stay off for days, then they will work for a half hour,then off for another day. There is noo static or any sound at all, I checked all the exterior connections on the amp they seem solid but I have not looked at the back of the receiver for loose connections. I guess I'll change the fuses under the dash and hood. If you have any other ideas let me know. I appreciate the help, thank you.