Winter Tires Michelin Latitude Alpin Hp Vs Pireli Scorpion Snow &

I am trying to decide which winter tires to put on my new 2012 RX 350 AWD in a month or so.

I live in Montral and we have to have winter tires on by Dec 15.

The size is 235/60/18 and tires I am deciding between:

Michelin Latitude Alpine HP

or

Pirelli Scorpion Snow & Ice

I am sure they are both fantastic on snow and ice and that I can't go wrong with either one of them, but I need to buy either or.

Any little tip would help. For instance - which will last longer, which is quieter and so on?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Love to hear your thoughts as well. :)

And if anyone now if 17" will fit on the 2012 RX350? :)

My dealer is selling a 17" package with Toyota steel wheels and a 17" alloy package with Lexus alloy wheels. I am confident that one of Lexus/Toyota's oldest and most successful family owned dealerships would not sell packages that would cause damage to my 2011 RX350.

When I priced out Tire Rack 18" packages with non Lexus/Toyota wheels I found it cheaper to buy the dealer's 17" package which includes TPS, balancing and installation. The package is going on my car on November 16th. I'll report back on both the US and Canadian Lexus sites!

:cheers:

BTW: both you fellow Canadians should check out the Lexus factory tour via the Canadian Lexus website. Also checkout the Lexus RX forums on www.edmunds.com. If you have a look at the Lexus rattles comments you will see a couple of comments by a real idiot who attacks Canada and our Canadian made RX350s. Some New Jersey residents do their best to live up to the image projected by the "Jersey Shores" tv show!

Re: RX 350 Rattles [kwbuggy] by mitchellrowe

Oct 09, 2011 (7:18 am)

"Replying to: kwbuggy (Oct 09, 2011 6:41 am)

mr buggy : i know you are canadian , as you quote your meter in kilometers . like a hockey game , you wish to defend your canadian junk plant for lexus meat wagons . ..... FACT IS ; I HAD A 2011 AND SHE WAS QUIET AS COULD BE EXPECTED BY A LEXUS . ONLY NOISE I HEARD WAS THE MICHELIN'S WHISKING FDOWN THE ROAD . THE 2012 IS A RATMOBILE TO THE N'TH DEGREE . i didn't ask for your suggestion , which you graciously volenteered to "take it back to the dealer" . I will reply to your suggestion , and reply : THE DEALER DID NOT BUILD THE CAR , THE CANADIANS DID . MORE THAN LIKELY THERE WAS A PART SHORTAGE , OR THE LINE MEN WERE STILL RECOVERING FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE'S HOCKEY GAME . my suecond suggestion is : KEEP YOUR 2011 , and DOM'T TRADE IT FOR A NEW ONE UNTIL LEXUS GET'S IT'S PARTS IN ORDER , GOES BACK TO BUILD THE MODEL IN JAPAN ."

What a moron!!!!!

In Consumer Reports November 2011 issue, the Michelin tire you mentionned is in 4th place out of 10 tires evaluated. The Pirelli was not tested as a winter tire, but was evaluated as an all-season and all-terrain suv tires and it did poorly. Hope it helps.