Horrible Gas Mileage And Has Anyone Tried This On Their Cars To Fix T

I get really bad mileage on my 2004 black on black Lexus GS430. I was told it would be 500 per 80 fill and its almost at half a tank and its at 125 already.

Id like to know if this is normal. And secondly while trying to find out what I can do about this I saw this

I dont know if it works but it sounds legit. And it was showing a lexus SUV and it worked.

Hydrogen is harmfull to your Cast Iron Engine Block. Hydrogen penetrates into cast iron and makes it even more fragile, which means that the temperature cycling of your engine will form cracks in your engine, finaly resulting in coolant or oil leak, or even a catastophic engine failure.

You can try this on wreck, if you have any, but not in your premium car.

I also want to try this, but not in my Lexus.

Regards/

Råger

Just a tid-bit. The 2004 GS430 utilizes the 3UZ-FE 4.3l engine with an aluminum block.

That being said, I find the Youtube video laughable. If it were this simple to get fantastic gas mileage, I would think we'd all be floating high on hydrogen.

Recent article about "Gas Saving Devices."

I hate to be wrong! :chairshot:<_<

I'm pretty sure that you can find some cast iron also in the 4.3 l engine with the aluminum block. :whistles:

Anyway, this gadget actually saves some fuel, but you have to add the missing amount of energy by producing hydrogen. So possibly, in states or countries where the gasoline is highly taxed, you can save som money. But this is a messy gadget, it is not "install and forget".

/Råger

You weren't keen on listening to any advice about buying the car in the first place, and now you want our opinion of probably the stupidest scam I've ever seen?

Some piece of crap plastic device that's supposed to disassociate water into oxygen and hydrogen, and somehow meter it into an engine? Below ignorant, and the TV station that would even broadcast such drivel is also brainless.

You could fix your car properly, like take it to a dealer. Or you could buy crap like that. I'm sure you'll make a decision.

With all due respect it is not really a secret that Lexus GS cars are not exactly "mileage machines." No matter if new or old, I6 or V8, good tune or bad tune - they all get pretty sucky fuel economy. You can go 900 on 60 in a Volkswagen Golf TDI -- maybe you bought yourself the wrong car?

Hydrogen is harmfull to your Cast Iron Engine Block. Hydrogen penetrates into cast iron and makes it even more fragile, which means that the temperature cycling of your engine will form cracks in your engine, finaly resulting in coolant or oil leak, or even a catastophic engine failure.

You can try this on wreck, if you have any, but not in your premium car.

I also want to try this, but not in my Lexus.

Regards/

Råger

And, you don't even need to build a water-to-hydrogen generator for your car to test the theory. The only bits of information you must know are (1) exactly where to introduce the gas into the intake, and (2) exactly how much gas to meter in based on RPMs. Find out how much hydrogen flow is required at 2,500 RPM and go ahead and try it on the highway for 20 - 30 miles and see what happens.

If using a tank of compressed hydrogen yeilded the increase in fuel economy these people seem to indicate then it might pay to go ahead and build yourself a system.

My advance guess, however, is that all of this is complete and total bulls**t.

• 5 weeks later...

With all due respect it is not really a secret that Lexus GS cars are not exactly "mileage machines." No matter if new or old, I6 or V8, good tune or bad tune - they all get pretty sucky fuel economy. You can go 900 on 60 in a Volkswagen Golf TDI -- maybe you bought yourself the wrong car?

x2 with you on that :cheers: To the original post: have you done a tune up? Were you using 93 octane gas? How is your driving? The tests are done with someone who is light on the gas pedal. Just some thoughts

This story reminds me of the time I took the garden hose with a trigger spray nozzle and sprayed directly into the carburetor while the engine was running high RPM. This on a 1974, 350, Chevy Caprice station wagon. (This process is also called an Italian valve job). I recalled (circa 1970) how our auto shop teacher had told us of an invention someone had back in the 50's, where it added water into the engine to add performance to the engine.

I am trying to recall with the best of my ability the story he told. But he said, you could really feel the power this device added.

Removing hydrogen from water can be done but it is a slow expensive process involving DC voltage and electrodes. Someday, someone will find a way to harness this power source cheaply, then the end will come.

JZ