New Tires For Sc430

kyled

Depends on what you want to spend/performance of the tire. Longevity of tread life go to a lower speed rating. You may want to repost this in the sc430 forum and not the sc300/400 forum for better data. This site below is not bad with pricing, but as always prices change so do your research for the best price.

http://www.treadepot.com/?mkwid=sxpG9S1ap&pcrid=3933985701&CID=GA&gclid=CMT4xub4w6sCFY125QodVh6u7w

• 1 month later...

Put a set of all season non run flats by Continental on my 2004 SC and they changed the ride and handling dramatically. No more bone crushing jolts when you hit a bump in the road. Car is now a real pleasure to drive!!!

Good luck on your selection

• 1 month later...

For the 04 SC430, I'd probably look into the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. They're an ultra high performance all-season tire and based on the tire pattern should be relatively quiet with good traction in the rain.

Looking at the outer tread I'd say it maybe very good for the snow, but I prefer snow-tires during winter months depending on where you live.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Just today I finally broke down and got Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus ZPs to replace my Bridgestone Potenzas - the result is a very marked improvement in ride and handling. I should have done this long ago. We use our SC for "sporting" around - not commuting - so ride and performance were important qualities.

As to commuting - during the research I did do before getting my Michelins - I kept coming across a lot of praise for Continetal Extreme Contact DWS tires. They are about $120 less than my Michelins ($160 vs $280). I saw them today in the store and they looked very conventional. Maybe next I'll give them a try. Might recommend that you go to http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyCommentsMMY.jsp?autoMake=Lexus&autoModel=SC430&autoYear=2004&commentStatus=P&additionalComments=Y&index=0 and there The Tire Rack lists 108 the buyer reviews of various tires for the SC430. Take a look - I found it most helpful!

• 3 months later...

I bought the Continental Extreme Contact DWS and am having them installed tomorrow. The previous run flats caused a wheel to crack. Not a nice experience!

• 1 month later...

I just had the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires installed Saturday and what a huge improvement compared to my Yokohama S Drive tires. She drives like the day I bought her. And I sent off for my free Nook as well!

• 1 month later...

Glad to see it's quite possible to replace the run-flats with conventional rubber.

Because of a previous tire malfunction and subsequent replacement of both front run-flats (couldn't get the original tires to match so had to buy a new pair) I now have a pair of rear run-flats that will need replacement quite a few thousand miles before the fronts. Anyone out there replace only an axle's-worth of run-flats with conventional tires? If so, which axle? I think I would want to put the conventional rubber on the front first.

• 6 months later...

Put a set of all season non run flats by Continental on my 2004 SC and they changed the ride and handling dramatically. No more bone crushing jolts when you hit a bump in the road. Car is now a real pleasure to drive!!!

Good luck on your selection

Hey Moeducate, Tks for the tip. What Continental tyres were they ? The Bridgestone Potenzas I have at the moment seem to create the jolts you mentinoed.

peter townsville

• 3 months later...

Hi all. I just, yesterday, installed 4 Bridgestone Serenity Plus non run-flat tires in place of the original Dunlop 5000 run-flats on my 2005 sc430 (The car currently has 8000 miles on the odometer). Like the majority of you out there, I didn't like the ride or the tracking of the run-flats. First impresssions: Much softer ride. Much quieter ride. Haven't been on the highway yet to see how they track at higher speeds. Will let you know more as I put more miles on them.

I ditched my RFT's last week. I'm trying to save money to upgrade to 20" wheels, but decided to keep my TRD 18" Rims for the moment. I went cheap and wrapped them with Primwell PZ900 245/40/R18 to get me by for now. I will say for being a super cheap tire ($85 each with 40,000 mile warranty), the ride is much better than the Bridgestone Potenza's I had.

Now that I have four new Bridgestone Serenity plus tires on the car, I am facd with the next dilemma, the spare tire. So, after reading the posts regarding aftermarket solutions, portable air compressors and fix-a flat etc., I decided to go with the factory solution, the complete spare tire kit. I ordered it yesterday on Ebay through Concord Lexus in California. Even though the price was not easy to swallow ($899) with free shipping to Florida I still think this is the best option. My wife and I plan on keeping this car for some time given the fantastic condition and low miles on the car and I like the assurance of having the correct spare tire in the trunk. Not to mention it looks great!

• 4 months later...

Like everyone before me, I hate the RFT's. I don't have to mention all the abysmal behavior that they cause for this nice car. The big difference with me, and most posts is that I didn't buy this car to win the Grand Prix. I want it to be luxurious first , and very sporty second.

Any set of rims that has a 5 bolt holes with a 114.3 MM bolt pattern, and an offset of between 35 to 50 MM will work fine on your SC-430. There is plenty of room in the fender wells. So If you have leaking rims, or don't like the looks of the "Plates, " feel fee to buy just about anything you want with the above spec. 16" through 20" rims are just fine, and will not interfere with your brake calipers. Changing tire size and diameter does not, I repeat, does not adversly effect the handling or tracking of the vehicle.

I choose to get not only a comfortable ride, but tires that last about four times as long as the RFT's. I chose the Michelin Primacy MXM4's. These are super quite, very long life, have extremely great handling, and they looks really stylish on the car. The size I got was the 245x45R17. The reason I chose this size is that they have the same tread width for traction, and the same diameter 25.7", so the speedometer stays accurate. Additionally the 45 side wall ratio gave a nicer smoother ride with superb handling.

See my Member photo. I bought a set 17" X 7.5" X 40mm offset Velox Borzoi rims from Costco for under five hundered dollars, and the tires under eight hundred dollars. The best money I ever spent on the car!

I am just delighted with this choice and strongly recomnd this to anyone who is tired of their SC-430 riding like a truck!

• 1 month later...