Navigation

LennyF

I have an '08 ES350. Anyone know if the NAVIGATION DVD U91 ver 9.1 (from a 2011 Lexus) will work in my 2008?

Beginning with the 2010'S, the NAV is hard drive based no DVD.

that’s interesting because I have found several vers 9.1 DVDs for sale on line.

I have an '08 ES350. Anyone know if the NAVIGATION DVD U91 ver 9.1 (from a 2011 Lexus) will work in my 2008?

Beginning with the 2010'S, the NAV is hard drive based no DVD.

that’s interesting because I have found several vers 9.1 DVDs for sale on line.

I believe that you can get vers 9.1 on DVD for 2007-2009 models. Beginning with 2010 it's hard drive based.

u91 dvd will not work on 2008 lexus . u91 is for 6th gen toyota models which havent gone hdd disc drive yet. , u34 is the 9.1 you need. the latest 10.1 is u35. 2008 lexus navs are called 5th generation navs and still use dvds except for lx an ls which went to disc drive ahead of the rest of the lexus models. . in 2010 lexus went to 6th generation navs which are all hdd disc drive now and do not use the map dvds anymore. only the dealer computer can load updated 6th gen maps maps now for 6th gen gps computers.

I have 2007 ES 350 and thinking about upgrading the Navigation DVD, Does that mean I can't buy the new DVD anymore if its on HD now. If its' still possible to buy the updated Navigation DVD, should i wait few more months to get the 2012 update. TIA

They still sell the updates for the older system.

The data is always a year behind. So the 2012 map release won't be out until Sept/Oct 2012. The 2011 maps should be released any day now.

I just received an email from Lexus with information on a reduction in the MRSP of the new NAV update, version 11.1, to $169 from $199. A step in the right direction IMO. However, if the dealer charge for installing the update remains the same the new total cost of $270 or so is still steep IMO. There is a lot of competition out there from phones and portable GPS