New To The Site And New To Lexus.

Sneek05

Hey what's up everybody. Just thought I would drop a topic in here to say what's up to all Lex owners out there.

I just bought a all black Lexus IS300 not even a month ago. One owner, no accidents, car originally from cali.

I'm glad I was able to get the ride, even tho it took me a little over six months to find what I wanted (I'm in IL, hard to find IS300's). Lol I guess that's a small price to pay. :)

I'm definitely going to be doing some performance mods to it, and a little bit of appearance mods too.

As of right now I'm still trying to figure out which mods to start with.

So is it really all that beneficial to go with a srt intake w ecu versus a much cheaper k&n Cai?? Is there that much of a HP gain with the srt? Is it worth paying $600 for it? All the help is appreciated. I'm stuck as far as which intake to go with at the moment.

After a bit of research I have decided that I will spend the extra cash and go with the SRT intake. That seems to be the best option for where I want to take my IS.

Alot of people view but no posts?? Whats up with that?

Summer time is slow posting period here.

What are you trying to do with your IS? I don't know that the SRT is much more than a waste of money and time. You might want to spend your money on appearance mods first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I see. Yeah I was wondering why no one was posting anything.

Well what is your suggestion for CAI system then if not the SRT? From what i had seen in the forum seems that people choose the SRT since it comes with the piggyback sys.

As far as appearance mods go. I want to drop my IS to increase handling and appearance. Thinking about using the Tein High Tech Springs. I don't really have a brand in mind for warmer weather wheels for now but I want to go maybe 18's instead of 17 inch. As for now I have custom 17 inch rims with Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 performance winter snow tires.

I would like to switch my current spoiler for a TRD rear lip spoiler.

I'm getting my windows tinted pretty soon (maybe this weekend). I'm going with 5% on the back windows and 35% on the front windows.

If your just doing springs, then Eibach has the best drop, and offers a nice ride. I always recommend coilovers though so you can tune your height to where you want it, and they offer a much better ride. Tien, or Tenabe are great. Megan has the right idea though if you want to get really aggressive drops. I got the Tenabe Sustec Pro 5 this time with the electronic adjustment system. I've had it now for about 3 years and I have to say I think it's one of the best systems out there for the money. Lots of advantages and features. You might wanna look into those.