Tires For The 98

ED.

Assuming that BFG has many different tire models, your question seems awfully general. The current most popular all season tire for the LS400/430 on Lexus forums seems to be the Michelin Primacy MXV4. That's what I have on my 00 LS since and I recently bought a set for our Camry.

I've been driving Lexus LS cars for 21+ years and wouldn't dream of driving one in Midwest winters without snow tires. My current winter tires for my LS are Bridgestone Blizzack WS70 mounted on a set of aftermarket wheels.

I mean BFG in general as a tire. I've never owned a set.

The MXV4 seems to be a really good tire. I checked tirerack and they list there for $141 and Sam's sells them for $152. I'll probably end up with them.

I hate the snow and am definitely looking into some winter tires for the car. I almost got some for my BMW last winter but held off. The people I know with them wouldn't go without. I always fear getting stuck!

I do not know anything about BFG tires, because I always buy Michelin, either Symmetry or Energy. They are speed rated 112-118 and that is faster than I am going to drive. The Michelin Primacy MXV4 are rated 130 and probably better than mine in some ways, but the Michelin are a very quite running tire, and I like that.. plus when it snows, I stay home and dont drive, it never last more than a couple of days here.

good luck on whatever you choose.

I've used BFG's in the past, and some were good, some were not. The Euro TA is especially hard-riding, and my advice would be to avoid it. Michelin just doesn't make a bad tire in my opinion. The MXV-4 is without doubt one of the smoothest tires out there. They will transform the car, in a good way. That said I put Exalto's on my LS, and was very pleased - excellent handling, quiet, not quite as smooth as the MXV but still great.

When I can afford it, I'll put Michelins on the ZO-6, and get rid of the Goodyear F1's on it now. I just like Michelin....