Gas Mileage

slstsang

how do some many people post what their mpg is? where do u go check it out.

b\c on some other posts people write like they are getting 25 on highway and 20 on roads for example. Do you actually spend the time to fill tank up all the way and be on highway till it ends,lol(i doubt it)

I'm very close to sk, I got 850kms (530 miles) on a tank with all highway.....got a little nervous when the fuel light came on so I tanked up......I still had a bit to go before she was bone dry......& I only use Sunoco Ultra 94! :D

:cheers:

• 8 months later...
I have installed a homemade intake (cone K&N filter) and improved from 280-320 to 330-350miles per tank with 50% highway 50% city.  10% increase in fuel efficiency is good enough for me.

Just in case anyone might be tempted to take this seriously - don't.

There's no way you're going to get a 10% increase in fuel economy simply by replacing the air filter. Undoubtedly, the conditions 'after' were different than 'before'.

Lexus recommends filling up at 1/4 of gas left in the tank. Why?? Because it does not put alot of strain on your fuel pump when the gas tank is full.

I always fill up at 1/4 just to be safe. Replacing the fuel pump is a pain and costly!

There are several other good reasons to fill up at 1/4 tank as well.

I have a 92 with 98K, I put 87octane and I get 285miles a tank... what about you?

My 98 gets between 23.8 to 24.4 in town (and to work)

Highway is around 28.1 to 29.7 (with cruise at 75mph).

At half tank it is around 200 to 210 miles.

Only use 87octane.

205 last fillup, i still had 1/4 tank.

**Disclaimer**

My car is 15 years old and in severe disrepair, please pay no attention to the fact that i only get 220 miles to a tank fo gas...that is all!

My ES 330, new in May, has 5000 miles on odometer. Monitoring MPG is easy since it is part of the automated functions. My Avg city is 22, my avg highway is 27. I am currently using 89 octane, even though hi grade is recommended.

I keep a book recording each fill, the price/gal, the supplier, the miles travelled and the MPG. I also record each service, the cost and the place where the service is done.

My record keeping may be a bit odd to some, but It's easier for me to see trends when accurate records are kept. :P

alan in NoVa

Yeah, I think I was gettin about 28 at best last summer on the highway, about 75-80, windows down and A/C off. If I try real hard and drive grandpa-style, I've gotten as much as 335 miles/tank, city and highway combined, but normally I'll get right at 300 or so. Just depends on how frisky I feel in the city haha. The SC gets 330 easy though. I'm likin that.

I have installed a homemade intake (cone K&N filter) and improved from 280-320 to 330-350miles per tank with 50% highway 50% city.  10% increase in fuel efficiency is good enough for me.

Uh, miles per tank is not a very accurate measurement. :D

from those of us who are too lazy to calculate, and dont have a computer in out cars to tell us what the mileageis, it will have to do LOL ;)