2006 Gs 300 Nav Screen

jmcafee

My navigation screen was hit while loading skis in the car, now it doesn't illuminate. I can tell the touch screen part still works, I just can’t see anything. I assume the backlight is out. I was able to remove the screen, but does anyone know where I can get a replacement for a 2006 GS? Or any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

My navigation screen was hit while loading skis in the car, now it doesn't illuminate. I can tell the touch screen part still works, I just can’t see anything. I assume the backlight is out. I was able to remove the screen, but does anyone know where I can get a replacement for a 2006 GS? Or any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

Hi, Contact "dcfish" on the forum. He is the approved vendor for all things Lexus Nav and audio. He has a wide inventory and knowledge.

No its not cracked at all, but the hinges that hold it in place were pushed in a bit which is why I think with the impact the back light went out, but I don't know for sure. Something similar happened on my laptop which didn't have a touch screen but the back light went out and the computer still worked. The touch screen works fine, when I start it up I can still hit the "I Agree" button and then play with the radio or air by touching the screen from memory. I pulled it out to see if there were any wires that were shaken out of place but nothing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hmm... Depending on how the screen is illuminated (either by a thin ccfl tube running along the perimeter or by several LED's) it might be "repairable". I just don't think repair parts are even available unless you can find a used unit- but in that case, you could just install it!

Contacting dcfish is probably your best bet then. He's around here somewhere, he'll find this thread soon enough!